15 August, 2018

Tuesday, 15 August 2018

I was busy searching out property links until about midnight last night... :-)   I actually did the Google Maps trail through the places I use to live in the Eugene area (some of them).  It was a challenge to figure out how to make the "drive" work, especially because the recording car was going the opposite direction from me, but it did become quite a trip via technology.  :-)   I won't do that again soon, but for one night's "research" it was OK.  Eventually I discovered the "shortcut window" and used it a lot.  I was very tired of driving online after so long a time... had to go right to bed.

This morning I was encouraged to get up by chicken squawking and then reminders of my goals.  I did get quite a bit of yardwork done, eventually, but the body doesn't like it too much right now.  My daily effort is small, but it will add up in time.

I was near my son's garden so I looked for some bounty to add to my fridge.  I found some lettuce (salad for lunch) and a couple yellow squash, which became a (failed) effort at making baked "chips" for my bean hummus.  I see a dehydrator in my future for the second try.  That should help... instead of baking, I will dry them and see how it works.

Later on I went back to check the tomatoes.  I took some of the cherry tomatoes but not too many, I didn't want to deplete the supply.  Their Roma tomatoes don't seem to be doing well.  They are getting dark and rotten on the bottoms.  I found one that wasn't looking ruined, but when I cut it open to see, it was sick from the inside.  Not good.  This afternoon I discovered they have a TON of tomatoes to eat already, and more getting ripe on the vines, so I may go back to grab some more.  I'll ask first.

This is the first year they have offered to share... it's been interesting.  The sunflowers are giant this time... and beginning to grow their seed pods (flowers).  I wonder how they will end up.  In Eugene, some people grow them for the squirrels... put them up high on the street trees as a treat.  :-)  I thought that was fantastic.

I have noticed that lots of people make squirrel feeders for the winter that hold dry corn cobs.  I want to try one of those someday.  (Today, while I was watering out front, one of the neighborhood squirrels tried to sneak past me on the utility wires above... I decided to get the little thing with my hose water... it was fun... like trying to get the chickens wet.  That little guy turned around, jumped into the nearest tree, and escaped far away.  I did get him wet, I'm sure I did.  haha)

I watched a TedXHumboldtBay video that was sent in a link from Sponsors Inc -- it's a prisoner re-entry organization in the Eugene area, and the presenter was from there.  I don't know why he was presenting on a TEDx, but his focus was the Three E's of ReEntry (https://youtu.be/aEWUg1zeUsg - that should be right... if not, his name is Nicolas Crapser).  At the end of the presentation he added a fourth...  Here they are ::

  • Environment
  • Employment
  • Education
  • Empowerment
You will have to follow the link to hear all the details... I think it was less than fifteen minutes.  The Environment is different... I can easily see the meaning of the other three... but it is a great "E" word.

(NOTE:  In getting the links to connect you, it seems the presentations were in December 2017, and the theme was "Solve for Why" -- good goal...)


It has been a long day already, and I am just now getting to my internet stuff.  I will be doing that faster tonight, I hope!  I think I will end this post here.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

http://work2gather.us

Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
Lord help us to meet the future with steadfast faith and courage.
Help us to know the Truth and to protect it.
Help us not to see denominations as the guide, but YOUR WORD as the final test.
Lead us into togetherness, unity in You, ONE BODY in Christ.
Show us how to live together with different opinions.
Help us to care for each other, and provide for those in need.
Protect us, Lord, as we try to follow You.
Provide for our needs.
Bring us into communion with You, and with each other.
Help us to be strong in our faith.
Show us how to bring glory to Your Name.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.