13 August, 2018

Monday, 13 August 2018

My planning efforts are helping me to work through my lists of things to get done... and helping me to spread them through the week.

In trying my one week, one column per day, sheet I discovered I needed more space for everything. So, I reworked it today and have a two sided version now... with two columns for the weekdays and one larger column for Sundays and Saturday.  I think this will work better.

My every day activities take up a lot of space, I found... and the repeating activities took up spaces on every column.  There wasn't enough room.  It is amazing to me how quickly it filled up and how much more I needed to put on there somewhere!  I may not get it all done, but it will become a good record for me to work off of, and may become my ongoing record for the years... at least PART of my ongoing records.  :-)

Finishing my yardwork projects is my August goal.  Today I finished what was a berry vine pile that may have been from last year... it's hard to keep track of those things... I don't really think of them as things to remember, just things to get done!  haha.  I am moving to my ivy project for this summer... a little every morning and it will be done... GOD willing!  :-)

The blackberries are winding down.  I am trying to see how big they can get now... I have discovered that some really grow large, but not all of them.  It's a learning experience.  How often to check is also a learning process.  It's like watching a pot boil... it takes forever when you are always checking on it.  Have I ever mentioned that one of my goals in creating food resources was to figure out how to grow blackberries in a controlled way... to keep their roots and droppings from taking over.  I consider this part of that goal.  :-)

I have been seeing a little TV over time, and the political ads are about to make me crazy!  I am so thankful my time watching TV is limited, and can be almost eliminated.  Now, how do I get away from the internet onslaught of unwanted "news" when I try to access an internet screen.  I wonder if there is any way to do that...

Today was interesting in some ways... as days go... as goals go... as life goes.  I am sorting through my piles of collected things, trying to reduce or file things, get ready to sell what I don't need, etc.  I find things that I haven't seen in awhile.  It makes me relive the details, the topics, the goals I want for my life and our world.

I finally printed off some of my son's poems/writings to send back to him for review.  Finishing this task is on my list for this week.  Tonight I will write the letter to send with 8 of them tomorrow.  I will try to add more of the remaining writings he sent to me and send the rest to him in another letter.  I think inmates everywhere need to have a focus for their time and the opportunity to create income that will continue after they leave prison.  The internet offers them that opportunity.  I hope my son will find new opportunities for his future.  I can't make him choose the right things, but maybe HE will choose honest income options if they are available to him.  You can read about these opinions and ideas on my blogs, and I think my Making Prisons Better blog will have some of them.  I am working on a redesign of my website for Working Together, so I will eventually get something linked to it.

PLUS, I get to where I just want to sit and be mindless... so I watch TV.  :-)

Is this a Monday, or what!?

I did get most of my two goal working spaces cleared for a bit.  It's getting there.  When I go to bed, the makeshift "table" they get moved to (the bed) may mean they get filled up again.  PERMANENT solutions are needed... that is what I am looking for.

It will all get done, eventually.  In the absence of money, it takes time.  In the absence of time, it doesn't get done.  I think we all face these issues.  IT'S the BUDGET!!!  I wonder if this is what is wrong with the government...  hmmmmmm...

This is the life of low budgets... be thankful you have more.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May we see more in the news than death and destruction, murder, mayhem, violence,
(This reminds me... there was a story in the news tonight about a woman taking guns and turning them into jewelry... bracelets and cufflinks were all they showed.  Interesting....)
Well, Lord, help us to lift up what we want our world to become, to be.

I pray for the souls of my loved ones.
I pray for the life of our country.
I pray for the innocent who are ravaged by others, the disabled and elderly, the children, the weak.
I pray for our hearts to become bigger instead of smaller... maybe like the Grinch, maybe like other characters we know.
I pray for the message of salvation and peace and love and blessing to reach the hearts of those who are suffering and searching for "anything," for "anyone," for any help they can get.  Help those who are suffering, who are struggling with the hardness of this life, to discover they can change their future, even if it does take time to discover that new life.

Changing our lives is the hardest thing we can ever do... it means going into places that are unknown, meeting people that are unknown, doing things that we don't know how to do...  I hope and pray that people who want a better future will find the courage to reach for it... but only the GOOD future, the godly future, the kind future, the loving future... choosing evil or anger or violence only leads to pain and misery and wasted life.

May GOD bring courage to our lives.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.