18 July, 2018

Wednesday, 18 July 2018

This seems to be a hard week... good morning weather, too much yardwork!  :-)

I moved the birdbath bowl to a tree base farther away... kind of by the "seasonal creek" we have here at this property.  It is really gutter run-off, but it shows you how much water isn't getting soaked into the ground here.  Not good.  The new location is temporary... After I figure out where to put my plant collection for winter, I will probably move it there... or maybe the ivy patch, after it gets cleaned up.  Who knows... I may make a better one if things don't work out... with my cement experiments.  :-)

The robin parents were stressed out today when I had to do some work on the porch, making a lot of noise!  I had to figure out how to get a LOT of old nails out of old wood pieces.  I managed to get all but one nail from my first 12 boards... tomorrow I will work on the next batch.

I was cleaning up one of my berry vine piles from last year this morning and decided it was time to go ahead and get rid of all the berry vines going into the neighbor's yard.  They have their own batch of vines to contend with, I don't think they need more of ours.  It became a path between the big bush that is in that part of the yard and the fence... nice.  Still not done, but I filled the cart and started several new piles to take to the debris pile.  (By October that pile may be so big we will need a fire engine to supervise the burn!)  (Actually, I think a "chipper" machine might be better... I wonder how much those cost to rent...)  I got bloodied by that effort... all over my arms and legs.  So much fun.

It is so much nicer with cloudy mornings... bearable.  If I can just get going earlier, I will be better off.  I am almost through my list of things I want to get done... then the ivy patch will be last.

My yellow plums look yellow, but they have a ways to go.  After I finish the berry vines by the fence, I may head over there to thin it out some more.

In this weather, I am not getting much else done... it depletes my body and I have to rest.  I am working on it.

I did get my caramel molds today... so that will be on the list ASAP!  :-)  I so love soft caramels and have wanted to make them better for years.  Today, on Start Up, there was a chocolatier in Detroit in one segment... the flavors I heard were amazing.  I am wondering if they ship well for Christmas!  The young woman who owned the shop has worked hard and seems to be growing well, as a business.  She called it "bon bon bon" because it has some kind of meaning in France about being an especially good treat.  :-)

I am trying to get better at sharing the links and connection information... in time, I will get it all figured out.

Time goes by too fast... it is already 9pm.  So early for some I bet -- haha -- so late for me!

WELL...………..
Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
I am reminded lately that even those who hurt us are sometimes the tool of GOD to accomplish His Will...  I think of Pilate, who didn't want to be involved at all, becoming the force that Jewish leaders used to make Christ our Savior.  Moses is always a great reference for things like this... GOD saved him in the very house of His enemies, those who wanted to kill all the Jewish babies, and later Moses became the tool to take the people of GOD to their promised land.  GOD is always raising up the people who will make His Word come true.  Keep your faith in GOD, even when it looks like GOD isn't involved.

May we find our future in Working Together, building what the people of GOD will need as times get worse.  ONE Body in Christ.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.