06 July, 2018

Friday, 6 July 2018

Today was a decent day... so I might as well post something...  It is Friday, and not a mandatory posting goal, but I don't always follow my schedule... I am "FREE" to post or not post if it comes up.

Now that you know all that, I was busy working on becoming an employer... again.  Every now and then I get motivated to see what has changed in the employer perspectives.  I have been working on a wage "cheat sheet" for making some budget guesses, and decided to empty my printer ink with copies I can look at over the weekend... copies of different aspects of being an employer... like hiring youth, people with disabilities, agricultural workers, independent contractors, and different Minimum Wages.  I also printed off some FAQs about paycheck details.   Now I have to wreck my budget some more buying a spare cartridge of ink.  That's just one of the little costly things that happen when you try to do something on a poverty budget.

It was very hot here today, so I didn't do much outside.  I have really been sitting at the computer too much, it is a problem for my body, and I may be in trouble for the next couple days... we will see.  Pacing is so important I am seeing.

My labor form took hours and hours to get everything placed on one sheet for making estimates and keeping track of possible work options... for getting things done by others.  I think I went through at least three formats... maybe more.

All that was until about 7:00 tonight... then I checked emails and social media to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

Now, I will post and turn this thing off for awhile!

In the search for more information on Smithfield Foods the other day, maybe yesterday, I was so devastated to learn that it is wholly owned by a Chinese pork company.  The closest I could tell was a 2016 transfer of ownership, but that was a guess.

This is part of my process of trying to see where I would put my time and energy if/when GOD provided my work.

So many of the things I want to do are the same things I've seen needed for years and years and years. I wonder why others don't already do them... and I wonder why GOD hasn't allowed me to start the process.  It is an ongoing misery for me... still not answered.

I guess most of the leading people of the Bible didn't have anything much in their life that was financially great.  Their faith is all we know about.  Why is that?  I keep wondering.

We all die eventually, and nothing goes with us... I've been hearing about that a lot in June, because it seems to be the theme at the end of the fiscal year for every ministry... you can't take it with you  (so give it to us)/

I guess my focus on business is part of that question... and other Christian businesses.  We don't hear much about them either... except when the enemy sues them to hurt their witness.

Wealthy people in churches, and anywhere I suppose, are the ones we all think must be GOD's source for their need.  The political parties do the same thing as churches do... attack the wealthy, expect them to give up their so they can have what they want.  In the end, we are all the same.

How do we know when we are coveting and not just wanting to accomplish a goal?  I don't seem to be able to find that line.

The love of money, is that wealth?  I don't think so.  It has something to do with how you use it.  I'm not sure what that means.  We are only required to tithe and can also give offerings to certain things.  So all those wealthy people aren't required to give up everything they have so you can have what you want... or the church wants... or the government wants...  

These questions plague every generation.  Why do some get so much and others have so little.  We can't all be wealthy, and we can't all be poor... what the difference is in GOD's view I am not sure.  The stories we learn are all filled with both good and evil sources of everything.  Satan tempted Christ with all the riches of the world... Satan used that comfort argument with GOD to attack innocent Job.  We believe GOD is able to make all things move on our behalf when needed... so, why doesn't GOD see that we are the ones who need that blessing.  :-)  Human nature... such a pain.

All this because I hate to see things not done that should be done... like helping small farmers keep their multi-generational farms.  Because I have ideas I think will work... and want to try them.  Because GOD has allowed things in my life and I don't know why... yet.

I guess this will be a pondering weekend... as planning for the future is part of my efforts.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the answers to these very difficult questions find their way into our hearts and minds.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.