17 July, 2018

Tuesday, 17 July 2018

I guess I'm a little early, for me.  It's hot, I need to go shopping for food tonight, and I am already tired...  who knows what the day will bring.  I better write this post now.  :-)

Not much to say today.

I decided I better move the birdbath to a farther location so other birds don't hurt the little ones... or other animals looking for water.  It was nice where I had it, but too close.  The thing is so heavy I don't know how to get it anywhere... I may just lay it on the ground for now.

I will have some shade for a little yardwork.  Joy, joy.  Maybe.

Sent out five letters today, two more are ready to mail tomorrow.

I was checking my emails and came across a great video about a man in New York that changed his health with the Forks Over Knives (FOK) diet... He was diagnosed with diabetes and needed to take insulin.  After four months on the diet, the video says he was off the medications and healthy again.  You need to watch it for yourself.  My recollections may not be exact, but I do recall he said he went off his meds after four months.  That is good.  He was a NYC Borough President... last name Adams. (Found It!!  --  Brooklyn Borough, Eric Adams,  https://www.forksoverknives.com/bpadams/ )

They showed a book from FOK and I tried to find it for a cheap amount... but couldn't.  I will keep looking. I did decide to buy a 21-day weight loss plan from Dr. Barnard, another of my favorite food people.  I hope there will be some good ideas in there.

I am going to have to work on my shopping discipline skills.  I had been writing about my weight loss goals this morning... it seemed a good idea to see what kind of healthier foods I could try to lose more weight faster than I have been.  It is always a hard call for me... should I, shouldn't I?  I really need (want) to lose more weight before I go clothes shopping, by fall.

I took my frozen cherries and boiled them to see what happened... I ended up separating the cherries from the juice... added sugar to both parts... boiled the juice some more to try to make some jelly.  Not sure it worked... yet.  :-)  The cherry part was so good I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing!  I see peaches are next... I have some in the freezer waiting.

I am such a food person.

That's about all for today... I will return if there is more to say later.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD of all be kind to me.  :-)  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.