12 July, 2018

Thursday, 12 July 2018

I am here early because it has already been a busy day and the heat is making me stay inside right now.  :-)  I was out with the dogs earlier so I did a few chores and thought I was going to do whatever people do when the heat gets to them.  I think the next dog break will be a quick trip to the nearest tree.

I found a batch of ripe berries... well, they were dark and seem to be pretty ripe.  I am watering the vine bushes hoping that it will help make large sweet fruit for the picking season, which I think is mostly the end of July and August... not sure, but they are starting to get ripe.  I need to make a plan for canning or freezing them... and remembering the lessons of my first summer effort.

Been working on the budget... and the list of things it might be used to do.

Crafting is on the list after this.  I have more painting to do, and maybe some polymer clay molding... or some freehand efforts to make earrings or pendants.  I'm behind in my gift-giving, so I need to catch up ASAP (as soon as possible).  :-)

If I want to enter a watercolor contest, I have to get something done by the end of the month.  I'm not sure I am ready for a competition, but I might enter just for the experience.  Looking at the entries that were already submitted (online), it's a wide level of experience there... but, the sample is way up on the talent list!!!  It looks like a photo!!!  I keep reminding myself it is a process and I am just beginning.

I was browsing the "news" stories on my opening page a bit... Papa's Pizza and a misleading story content about the use of the "N-word" in sensitivity training... it would have been better to be clearer about the use of the word and why it was reported... not actually having to say it in full detail, but verify that a real problem existed and that the media was not misreporting for their own agenda purposes.

Brad Pitt and Katrina housing was another link I followed because housing in New Orleans is a constant reminder to me of the great problems we face in disasters.  Ten years later.... and still there is so much undone.  These are subtle signs about the financial health of our country at a lot of levels.  I played a video at the link, but without the audio, so I don't know exactly what was said.  It was an ET report, that's all I remember.  I also remember there was a Foundation attached to Brad Pitt and the housing cause.  The accusation was that his promise was still unfulfilled... I imagine he was a bit busy with his own trials since 2007.

I discovered a great photo of a shipping container house and I couldn't find it again after not being able to save it.  I did find out there is a container selling place right in my own area!!  I had no idea.  I have occasionally looked online for them, to see what the prices were like, but the companies were all far away.  Now I have found a local resource.  That means more hope for my own housing development goals through Working Together.

My quest to hold off on making some caramels is waning... I may break down and do some this weekend.  I'm not sure if that qualifies as Sabbath rest though... I forgot I am working on that task, too.  :-)  So many things to remember and figure out.

Well... that is my life so far today... with a lot of details omitted.  :-)   If I can get some more tasks off my list later, I will try to do that, but this is a 90+ degree day here... it will probably be hot way into the darkness of the night.  Next week those temps come back...  summer is here.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us


*
*
*
May GOD be good to the poor who need Him, provide for their summer protections, help them with their daily lives and chores and hopes.

May the summer be filled with cool memories... maybe water fun, lots of working fans, air conditioners and paid electric bills, family that cares, friends and neighbors to look in on the homebound, and shared times of joy.

In GOD there is hope, and we all need to find Him in the middle of a struggling humanity that doesn't always see anyone or anything other than their own hurting hearts and lives.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.