31 May, 2018

Thursday, 31 May 2018

The last day of May...  Hard to believe almost half of the year is gone already.

I am going to try to make it to Monday to do my shopping for food and household necessities...not sure I will make it, but I am going to try.

I think I am now getting my "overview" of what is happening when I start up my internet access and a page of revolving (repeating) news briefs appear... I start scrolling down to see what it says, and it is mostly gossip, with a few vaguely news stories.  I realized today that this is becoming a habit because I don't have a daily newspaper to read anymore, and hardly watch TV except in semi-marathons... which isn't the news.  When I do watch the news programs, they are not the greatest stories.  I have to watch local to find out the weather and anything in the area happening; national is a larger scope with a ZILLION commercials, especially at the end; and PBS news and BBC new and DW news and internet searches.   It is really a pain to want to know these days.   :-)

I sorted more of my reorganizing piles today... had to take a long nap... and worked on my shopping plans... trying to make it all last and grow.

I can see why people who work at home need separate areas for the two.  It is hard to focus when the day to day stuff is right there... I go to search for supplies and don't get back for hours.  I am still trying to find a way to deal with this.

I have one more letter to write for May... tomorrow starts my June letters...

The future is really going to be a terrible place when we all become someone's robot... I remember seeing an old Star Trek show about mind control... the terrible evil alien had Captain Kirk prisoner and was attacking his mind with his evil technology.  It won't be long... Matrix will become true, too.   A very scary thought... but we won't be called humans anymore....I suppose that will be more about laboratory evolution.

I am more and more glad I won't be here, but the knowledge of others having to suffer this is also hard to bear...

When the government rules, people don't have rights.  I guess it would be called something else, maybe a dictatorship, maybe not.  Global government will make our country less free, but there is no way to combat the global evils without a global government authority.

Knowing where the world is heading is a challenging goal.  It's all guessing based on what is happening now.

Morality is the only boundary that keeps us all safe... it is the personal guide that refuses to hurt others unless there is a huge need for self-preservation...or family preservation... loved ones... somewhere beyond ourselves only.  If we were all moral, would we need laws?

Even more challenging, where do we get our moral values from...  who's morals rule over everyone else?

It gets messy trying to find answers to global questions.

I think I have been thinking too long today.  It has been a long and hard day... mentally and emotionally and other ways.

I hope next week is not as draining as this week.  Could it all be tied to the "end of the month" need to get through?  I wonder.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD provide what we need to live in ways that honor Him.  Amen.




Don't forget to sign up as a TRIAL Member of Working Together... only $10 for one year.  Let's get these resources created and available... many need them now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.