01 May, 2018

Tuesday, the 1st of MAY, 2018

Another month is here!

I have been going over my goal pages... and deciding where to focus my energies.  It is still a work-in-progress, but I am also in the process of moving things around in my room again... The addition of the mini-fridge has prompted other changes.  It is getting better with every change.  I am finding permanent places for my supplies and making crafting spaces I can use.  I hope I get this all done before the CHRISTMAS selling season!

I haven't looked elsewhere on the internet yet... I just logged on.  I thought it might be better to get this done first.

Not much to share... I don't even know what the weather is going to be, but it looks overcast and possibly rainy.  I better put that on my "list" :-)  for making plans.

Shopping is a necessity this week... I have to make my list of foods the have to be gotten, if possible.  My budget is very tight this month, I think I shared that, but I have to decide what is essential to buy with my cash budget.  Food is always under my SNAP/Food Stamp allotment... which is $192... for one person with a small income.  I have to be very careful... it doesn't go very far.  I can't buy everything I want to.

I took a shower a bit ago and it has renewed my energy a little.  :-)  I was up in the night, up early, then took a very brief nap...  very brief.

Earlier I made some of my rice mix to eat with the roasted veggie packs I was trying.  Three of them took 90 minutes in aluminum foil in a toaster oven at 350 degrees.  Interesting.  Next time I will try putting the food in parchment and later in a cover of aluminum foil.  Just to see what the difference is.  I had about a cup of carrot sticks, two small beets, and a quarter of a medium white onion in each package.  I still have enough for one more packet, but I can use that for soup.  It really tasted great!  I had some soy sauce in the rice, and I mostly just use my homemade garlic salt and pepper from one of those mills. I got mine at the Salvation Army store and it works great (so far). 

After I go shopping, the veggies in the next packages will be different.  It is really filling.  I have to learn how to NOT eat now... to wait until I am hungry... and see how that goes.  I tend to eat just to eat something I want to eat, whether I am hungry or not... mostly popcorn, but sometimes other foods.  I think I am losing a little of my extra weight, but I can't be sure.  I need more exercise... somehow.  :-)

This is my life right now... food changes, better health, exercise, crafting challenges, trying to increase my income, and other things.  It is a daily process, and trying to make it to my goals is a battle.

So, it is MAY and I have to start on my letter list all over again.

If I make it to JUNE, I will consider that a great WIN... :-)   --- without destroying my budget... which I am working at in a different way this month.  I'm sure I will be telling you about all my drama.  :-)

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD of all be kind to us, help us to know Him, discover His love for us, and willingly give our lives to His Plan for us... with salvation through Christ.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.