17 May, 2018

Thursday, 17 May 2018

Hello for today...

I am still so sore that I decided not to do what is left of my yardwork clean-up today... it will have to wait.  Naturally, there were other things to do...  I got quite a few of them done, including my first effort at making gingerbread.  :-)   I ate way too many of the finished cookies!  That tells you they were good enough to eat.  :-)

I decided to try to make them all uniform size by using a cookie dough measuring device... a scoop thing, like the ones people use for ice cream, but smaller in size for cookie dough.  I wanted to make the scoops into little dough shapes to squish with a glass, but discovered I didn't have a flat glass.  I have to say I was shocked.  I then decided to go for the peanut butter cookie look, with the fork squish, but that was a problem, too.  I finally found a jar with a big enough flat top (lid) that I could use and tried that.  Dough kept sticking to it, so I went back to the fork.  Then I remember the sugar trick, and I was in cookie heaven.  :-) That worked great.  The uniform size helped with the cooking time, too.  Now I have to decide if I like the flavor in this recipe.  An whether I want to try decorating them with icing.  So many decisions....   :-)

I listened to a Focus on the Family radio program this week, more than one day for the same person.  Today they shared a statement that was nice to remember...
  One Man, One Woman, One Lifetime
... the topic was marriage the way GOD planned it.  I couldn't believe some of the things they shared about current trends among our young unbelievers... with young being a relative term.  I am shocked at what I see on TV... online versions of Satan's lies are really sad.  I thought about my own view... that it is always too late to do GOD's way by the time you try out the world's versions of having a relationship... still, you have to start where you are.

I was a teen in the sixties... the start of the great sexual freedom campaign.  It makes you wonder who wants us to ruin our lives and destroy our society.  We know it is Satan, but he works through people.  We are so lost in the mess they have made.  I know it all leads to the fulfilling of prophecies, but it is still a hard life to live.  We don't know that until after we have experienced the pain that comes with "sharing" our bodies with people who don't really care about us.

It might be a good idea to go listen to the program/s for yourself, to see if you think there is any wisdom in what is said.

I was able to listen to NBR today... and heard that Walmart and Macy's are finding a way to the future with their business decisions.  I was sad to hear that Sears and Penney's are struggling still, in jeopardy.  One comment made by the person acting as a guest commenter stayed with me... He was sharing that Sears wasn't focusing on who their real customers were (mostly tool buyers) and were trying to please customers that might buy other products they want to sell.  It is a real statement of priorities... about focusing on the right things.  I don't follow the minute details about retail stores, just the bits and pieces I get along the way in news media.  I have family working in the Kroger family of stores, so I was interested to hear they are moving toward a robotized warehouse model.

All of these small things lead to big effects in the future...  I have been warning people that they will lose their thousands of dollars invested in their homes because there are no 30-year guarantees... no one knows the future except GOD.  We have to do what we can to prepare for it.

Being debt-free will help to get you through almost any problem you may encounter in the future... almost... no guarantees, but there are more options if you have no debt.

I started my allotment of grated cheese today.  So far, I am trying to reduce my intake to one 8oz package.  I did have a package of sliced swiss cheese already this month, but this is not the norm... or not what I plan to do on a regular basis.  I'm still working on my limitations and flexibility.  I use smaller amounts at a time than before... so it lasts longer, too.  It is quite a challenge so far.  I think this is my second month trying to decide how much to have and not have.  Over time I will be able to find my "happy place" in non-veggie/fruit foods.  :-)

I also roasted my pan of veggies this morning... onions, carrots, potatoes, mini-peppers, and for the first time I made some oven-roasted mushrooms... three of them... and they were pretty good.  I may try one of those portabella mushrooms one of these days... they are suppose to be like having a burger.

I end up using the oven here every now and then.  I may try for once a week.  I need to get more organized for that... not sure I am that good at it !!!


I am still tired.  I fell asleep watching TV after NBR was on... so sad.  (haha)  I need to do a few more things and then try to go to bed early... PRAY for me!  :-)

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us


*
*
*
May the GOD of all goodness reach into our hearts and keep them good... help us to find our place in His Plan... and let us know how much He loves us.
May our choices always be right.
May we find the strength to say no to those who really want to hurt our future.
May we all make it through the hard times so we can reach the blessings waiting for us ahead.
My the world find its way back to GOD and all the blessings He wants us to have.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.