14 November, 2018

Wednesday, 14 November 2018

My... another day.

I was able to get my banana bread made... and it turned out decent.  I grew up on this bread recipe, but lost my copy along the way.  I tried to remember it and did pretty good for today.  I may make this again.  :-)

Also did some raking and sweeping outside... the rain that was forecast was just a small drizzle.  :-)  Who knows what will happen when the drips are in the forecast!  haha

My glasses broke today... I couldn't find the super glue so I used one of my craft glues... for metal was on the front of the tube.  It had some serious fumes!  I tried the glasses on after thinking it was dry enough and my eyes started to burn!!   So far, tonight, there are no problems.  It is a rude awakening when  you realize what life would be like without your glasses.

I haven't been able to get new glasses for some time.  When I would get state medical coverage, it would say that eyeglasses are not covered.  So far, that seems to be the case still.  It is sad that I have been attached to the government for so many years, but eyeglasses are a basic need and were always provided.  At one point, I thought someone might be "sharing" my medical coverage and using the eyeglass part... it doesn't make sense to me.  I will keep looking for the details of my "insurance" and hope that I can get new glasses (and a spare) soon.

Other than messing up my plans (broken glasses), today was a regular day.  Wednesday is the day I like to watch OPB from noon to 1:30...  Articulate, Start-Up, and a jewelry crafting show are on.  I usually miss it, but today I was able to see an amazing poet singer on Articulate, a great young business story on Start-Up, and watch someone who designs in leather on the bead show.  It inspires me.   My glasses broke at the end of Start-Up, so I had to physically hold them to watch the bead show, and then figure out how to "fix" them so I could see again.   :-)  Fun!

The mail person didn't get my mail today, so that has to go out again tomorrow.  I still have three of my monthly letters left to do... maybe tonight or in the morning.

These are the things that make my day... small things, goal things, ongoing things... They may not be all I want to do, but they are all I can do, for now.

When compared to the suffering that exists, or the blessings of many who have more than I, my life may seem useless in the world.  I think we never know what GOD is doing in the details of all our lives... making them into good, as He promises, refining our faith, helping others through us and us through others, protecting what matters in His Will and from the forces of evil while also protecting the "free will" of everyone.  It took me years to see how all of us interlock in life, affecting each other and creating consequences for our choices... how GOD is so patient with our bad directions and always trying to help us back to what is right and good and in His Will.  It is never easy to understand the details as they happen... it is more like the Steve Jobs comment about only being able to "connect the dots" way in the future, looking back.

I hope I live long enough to see the meaning of a lifetime of poverty, and WT, and my failed efforts over so many years... and to enjoy some kind of better life through better income.  :-)  I still have lots of goals to try for.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May GOD help us to see the purpose in our daily lives and bring peace and joy to our hearts.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.