15 November, 2018

Thursday, 15 November 2018

One week to Thanksgiving.

It is hard to believe the year is almost over, again.  I keep hoping the next year will be better than the one that is ending... sometimes it is, sometimes I have to grasp for good things to focus on.

I am thinking I need to make my own notebook planner... bullet journal... something.

I remember trying to get this year started in one notebook.  It didn't last long.  haha  I tend to want to keep things as reminders, as memories, as new categories to focus on.  The small notebook/binder I started with became too small really fast.  Maybe a 1-inch binder would work.  :-)   I may try that.

Today was getting-the-defrosted-fruit-processed day...  I now have 6 blackberry half-pints to share with others, and more of the "extras" for myself.  Toast and jam is becoming a regular thing now... when I run out of jam, it goes away, or turns into toast with butter.  Rarely both, but sometimes I forget I have some jam to eat until after the butter is melted.  I am doing LITTLE things to reduce some of my calories... well, to change the way I eat certain foods.

Veggie sandwiches are part of that process.

I found my way to that Adobe Illustrator course again... and finished the second section of five.  I will do the third section as soon as I can, probably tomorrow.

I have begun the process of updating and changing my sad old tired and wonderful website (page) for Working Together  ( http://work2gather.us ).  I revamped the Contact Us page, but it may get more edits.  :-)  I am trying to get ready for the ANNUAL Working Together Membership Drive.  (Pray for me!)   I am discovering more options for PayPal payments.

I rediscovered my DROPBOX account tonight... from about two years ago!  I wanted to make a comment at a Bullet Journal link and I had to sign in to Dropbox to make a comment.  I have no idea how to use that site, but I will learn as time goes by.  Seeing the link to my two free chapters of the Bullet Journal book showed me one option.

I got out some of the frozen shredded zucchini tonight... I decided I better try that new recipe I found... for ONE loaf.  I will be able to squeeze something small on the side for me to taste, so I can give the big loaf away.  If the recipe works, I may finish up the other two frozen shreds containers before Christmas.

There is always lots to do.  My holiday list is getting longer even though I keep checking things off.  :-)   That is the way it goes!   I am excited to see things progressing.  I hope GOD is kind to me soon.

Christmas gifts are moving forward.  I will have to decide if I even have money for Black Friday... I had been thinking of getting ONE deal.

I still need to figure out getting new eyeglasses.

The news about the fires in California has me sad... I don't want to think about them... I hope I don't know anyone that was living there in the midst of this tragedy... or is still missing.  I keep checking HGTV.com to find out if the people who did flips on one of their shows are OK, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I am also sad because I tried to check on the radiation spills from the Fukushima nuclear disaster... and it is still a problem.  It happened in 2011.  Their plan is to dump millions MORE gallons of radioactive water into the ocean from where they are.  Who knows what damage has already been done with what the currents have dispersed.  The article I browsed said they test the surrounding area and it is deemed within "safe" amounts.

Who trusts the government to tell us there is a critical problem that is going to affect us all???  No one.

I guess it is like those commercials with dye going into a big container of water... in time the dye blends with the water.  If  you kept adding the dye, without stopping, it would consume the water in the container.  The ocean may be big, and disperse the contamination away from one shore, but it doesn't go away.  Nuclear radiation lasts longer than our lives... and affects anything that comes in contact with it.

We eat the creatures that live in the oceans... it's all part of the food chain... we won't be exempt.

I guess that is all about that... it is depressing when you think about all the problems we face in our world.

I hope I can get a lot done before my Sabbath rest effort.  :-)   Every week is a challenge.  I have to keep trying to decide what is "resting" and what is "working."  Maybe this should be the Saturday I stay in bed and watch movies all day.  That might be a good idea!  I will have to think about that.  I need to watch  It's a Wonderful Life,  and I can sign up with  Pureflix.com   to see the movie about the Mortgage Cakes... and other Christian films I haven't seen yet.

Sounds good to me!   :-)


Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May we all find the best that is inside us to share with the world.
May our lives be safe, and prosperous, and giving, and saved.
May GOD be kind to those who love Him.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.