06 November, 2018

Election Day, Tuesday, 6 November 2018

I haven't checked the news yet... I am wondering how fast the starting totals will be posted... I don't know how many ballots, especially mail-in ballots, are counted before the great unveiling of the voters.  I keep thinking it was such a great process when I was young... now, it seems too automated, global, and even tainted by early media.  When I was young, there was a time-forced process of keeping all the votes secret until the time for each zone reflected the closing of the polls.  This was because so many people didn't know who to vote for and would decide to vote for the one who was high in the tallies on election day... they wanted to be able to say they voted for the winner.

The internet will eventually change a lot of things we do in voting.  I suppose everyone will be able to vote online, from home, from a mobile phone, from any source connected to the internet.  That brings good and frightening possibilities to our world.  It makes me wonder what the future will become... because good people don't think of or do things that are corrupt, but those without any moral boundaries spend all their time and energy thinking of ways to "beat" the system to get what they want, usually money and power.

I happened to see that a single mom with grandkids won half of the Powerball prize... with an all-cash bounty of almost 200 million.  :-)   The government took about 150 million for taxes.  I always wonder if the winners get any of that back when they eventually file a return.

I have been checking on more articles and tips for selling online these days... I found one link to a place called Tax Jar  (taxjar.com) and in the process of exploring their site and offerings, I saw a list of taxes for one place... I think it was California.  They collected Federal, State, County, and City taxes in the example.  Here in Oregon, there are also TRANSIT taxes in some places.  I wonder if they collect those.

I think there is going to be another "tea party revolt" in time... and I don't know if it will be the group we have been seeing in the past several elections.  I know the Democrats feel that 100% taxes will cure all the ills we are dealing with, but they are wrong.  Look at the countries that already are state run... lots of problems in all of them.  No one has figured out how to make the ideal work.  I think we need to regroup and change the entire financial foundations of the government... force them into a limited budget.  I call it "ONE TAX" --- because one tax is all we should be paying.  I decided a flat 10% was fair, and could be distributed among all our local and global commitments.  If you have read my other comments on this issue, you already know my formula :: 3% each for Federal, State, and County taxes, and 1% for International issues like the UN and international aid needs, etc.

I keep thinking about my plan.  It would change our country in so many good ways.  It is one of the causes I would fund if I ever won a big lottery prize.  :-)   I just don't know why GOD hasn't funded me yet... do you?  haha

I have been up since about five this morning, and need to get some other things done right away.  I may come back later, or wait until tomorrow, to comment on whatever the election brings into our lives.  :-)   This is a big day... and every election will become more and more important.  Our nation is fracturing because of the issues we face and our disagreements on how to solve our problems.  Our economy is very fragile because of the national debt and issues related to it.  Our moral foundations are nearly extinct, which will put a whole different kind of leadership into our lives.  I wonder how far we are from the Antichrist, which means death to all the Christians... and little to no morality for the world.

I hope GOD is going to help us... the good people... Christians and Jews... children and other vulnerable people... etc...

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

http://work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
Pray for our country.
Pray for our world.
Pray for our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.