09 October, 2018

Tuesday, 9 October 2018

Finally!  I made some pancakes I could eat!  :-)

When I went shopping I decided to buy some boxed mix... a healthier brand, but still a boxed mix.  So, I remembered to make pancakes this morning and I am happy.  The mix worked, the pan worked, and I have three breakfasts in the freezer and one for tomorrow.  I am happy.  :-)

Letters from over the weekend were mailed this morning... and I FINISHED my September letter list today... now I can start on my October letters.  I received part of my michaels.com order today.  I hope the rest will arrive soon.

It seems the new way of shipping is to send out items individually... I suppose they are drop-shipping, but it is a pain.  I had a terrible time with Michael's Customer Service Chat Line when my confirmation email was messed up... I think it was over 90 minutes on chat, with three different people, and I won't go into the details but it wasn't fun.  I like Michael's, but I can't seem to get to the stores these days.  Online was something I was trying out.  I haven't decided if I want to try it again.

All I think, when I have these types of experiences, is how vulnerable a business is to the actions and attitudes of its employees.

Enough on that.

I was up late last night again, discovering some business sites and people and articles and audios.  I still have to read them in full.  I found some great graphics, and PDFs, and ideas.  I had to rest this afternoon because of it.  I feel so old when I have to nap.  :-)   I am old, but don't like feeling like I am old.  haha.

Doing all that exploring is something I need to limit to, maybe, ONE day a week or month!  I wish.  With the internet, you have to grab the link when you find it.  Printing is how I capture all these moments for later.  I wish more sites would make easily downloadable  PDFs of their articles... webpages are in flux, it seems... some of them print well, other not at all.

I love to discover new great things online... or better than the rest kind of things.  I found an artist in Uganda on the elephant group I belong to on Facebook... Nice, huge paintings of African life.  I would buy some of them in a minute, if I had the money.  So, now I am following him and waiting to see what else he does in the future.      
              https://www.facebook.com/1446730652250397/posts/2123641221226000/
              https://www.facebook.com/1446730652250397/posts/2081237058799750/
              Jose the African Art Painter

I was checking on some Christian links last night, too.  I discovered a digital publishing site and was trying to find out more about it.    calameo.com    I am not fond of this kind of publishing, but I can see it is going to be part of the future, so I was trying to figure out how it works.  I have to say, I was in LOVE with the download as a PDF option on some of the publications.  The big problem I found was that there is little information about the site and how it works as a publishing vehicle... so you have to sign up to find out.  They have a free option, but still little details about what it will do for you... at least for those who are not technical and/or don't have any experience with the process.  I am trying to decide if I want to sign up and explore it further.  I probably will, but not sure when.

I like print.  Others like digital.  So.....I am trying to make purchase options for different types of customers.  I don't know if you have to upload a finished magazine or page, or if you create within the site.  I also don't understand their limitations on the free account yet.

It all takes so much T I M E to work through.

Well, I have decided to do some "art therapy" tonight.  :-)   I want to try art journaling with some little art paper books I have.  Tonight is the moment for that... let's see where this leads!  :-)


Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May GOD be with us as we strive toward the future.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.