04 October, 2018

Thursday, 4 October 2018

I made it through the day!  :-)

Didn't get to the yardwork, but worked on other things.  Had to wait on the bread loaf... maybe tomorrow.  Created a veggie-bean salad from things I needed to use up, and it was pretty good.  Better when it was fresh (lesson learned), but still good.  I ate the second round with the last of my bread supply from the other day.  Toast is good... I like it better than soft bread.  I had my bean spread with some toasted bread earlier in the day, too.

Food... it can be a challenge when you don't have your favorites on hand and have to get creative with your meals.  It's good to have to do that occasionally... willingly... not by the force of life issues.

I keep thinking about what kind of foods grow in those countries where drought is causing starvation... what kinds of seeds or help could we do for them... but then I remember all the violence that makes their lives worse, and that we can't control.  It is a sad thing that Man, as a creature, is the same all over the world, when you really get down to the power struggles.  :-(   Women and children always suffer because of the Men who have no control over their actions.

(This always leads me to wonder what life was like for Noah and his family...  being away from it is the only way to survive, I think.)

I have been trying to work out my October budget... looking forward to getting food again... trying to rebuild my "back-up" supplies.  I spent my crafting budget today.  Not much left to work with now... but I am getting focused on my Christmas gifting.  No money means I MUST find other options for giving.

I have always loved the giving of the holiday season... and struggled to include as many as possible.  With such a tight budget, I am trying to figure out what I can do this year.  When the news reports (and government reports) say everyone is doing fine and spending more, I wonder if they are living on credit cards, which is not really doing fine.

I still want to try a credit card, one, maybe by next year... but I don't know if I can get one.  I am thinking of using it to buy my big-ticket items... smartphone, computer, digital camera, and things like that... ONE at a time, if I can control my spending.  Mostly I need a smartphone, internet access, and a better computer... the rest is flexible.  Pray for my finances... thanks.  :-)

I received a beading supply catalog today and was so motivated by the process of looking through it.  I have designs in my head that I want to try.  I am trying to find a way to get them into a selling phase so I can increase my income level.    I may have to rethink my crafting organization.

It seems that rain is coming back to my part of the world.  It is good for the dry ground.  I am wondering if I will need to fill the birdbath when the rainy season gets here.  I have never had a birdbath before, so I am not sure what they do.  I love seeing the little and medium and big birds drinking the water and taking a quick bath, always on the lookout for the creatures that want to make them dinner.

I was looking at some of the birdhouses available at the crafting site I was looking through.  I am not sure which kind of birdhouses would fit the birds in the area, but eventually I will figure it out.  I have some bird food to make into winter feeding aids, as soon as I figure out how to make it stick together and stay in the shapes I am looking for..  :-)

Finding a good space to work on my crafting projects is a challenge... I have come to believe that I will find the answers as soon as I can.  I keep praying for GOD to bless my needs and my efforts.

Well... I will get to that challenge... finding a solution to my crafting issues.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May the GOD who owns it all find a way to share with those of us who are depending on His provisions for our needs.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.