02 October, 2018

Tuesday, 2 October 2018

This will be short, as I haven't been feeling well lately... so...I am resting a lot.

Just wanted to touch base with my blogging effort...

I'm waiting for my October budget to kick in and am really stretching my food options... too much pasta.  I tried a new recipe for pancakes this morning, but it all ended up in the trash. I tried a reduced amount of a bread recipe, and it kind of worked, but is more like a flat bread.  Now I am trying a pizza dough recipe and making it into a loaf shape for sandwiches and toast... hopefully.  Not sure it will work, but it's better than all pasta as an emergency diet.  :-(

I'm still trying to decide what to do with a huge jicama I bought, and I have a yellow squash and a zucchini left.  Some canned foods.  And lots of pasta.  :-)  I have oatmeal and dried fruits and nuts, too.  I'm just trying to see what I come up with.

It is making me revisit my back-up food plan.  haha.

I use to always have certain boxed foods as back-up, but I have been working on changing my food choices to more whole food that are plant based... as much as I can.  It is always a lesson in life and our choices to try to make changes in our habits.

Food commercials are really our enemies when we are trying to eat better.  :-)   I have almost ordered pizza at least 10 time!!!   haha.

So, after I get this bread baked, I'm heading back to bed for a rest.

I hope all is going better with you.

My brain hasn't stopped thinking of all the problems in our world, but I just can't write about them right now.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May we all be healthy and able to meet the needs of our days.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.