18 October, 2018

Thursday, 18 October 2018

I have been at YouTube again... so many things to learn, have to sort through all the videos I still need to watch or categorize.  I think it was a shipping container link that got me there today... wow, I keep looking for homeless housing options that can be purchased like a regular home... to be permanent, stable, forever... and the right price hasn't been discovered yet.  (By me.)

Crafting videos, some art journal videos which have changed my view of art journals  :-), and Ted Talks... which sometimes are great.  I looked into the options to have live YouTube like they have live Facebook, but I haven't figured out any live video options yet.  I need the camera to get figured out first.

I did my yardwork for the day, sent off five letters, and had to take naps.  I still don't have a lottery ticket yet... tomorrow is the big day, so I hope I get one before the drawing.  :-)  It's just the idea of being able to "win" a BILLION dollars... I think this is the second time the prize has gotten this high.

My voting ballot arrived today, and my pro-life voting guide.  I still have to read up on both of them.

I haven't decided what the best way to vote is... eventually, we will probably vote from home... but they have to figure out the security issues for the internet first.  I wonder how many years that will take.

Before I go to the store I need to check my budget and see what I have left to get on my list for this month, and how much money I might have to get these things.  My food budget is a bit low, so I am looking into my biggest food needs.  Two weeks, maybe more, is a long time for being without food items you forget you needed... running out of things is really a pain.  I have been trying to stick to my budgets the past several months... going without instead of going out of the budget.  My "back up" supplies have been changing because of the past experiences I have had... some of them I have shared here.

I watched two videos tonight -- one to check out a caramel recipe and one about homemade bread tips.  Both had things that were good to learn.  Now I have to see if I can use those ideas.

I have decided the pan is really important in making candy... since I lost my favorite one, it has never been the same.  I liked the pan I saw in the caramel video, but have to check it out more.  It is hard to find a TALL certain sized pan for making some recipes...  that is my challenge... heavy, thick, tall.  :-)

The homemade bread tips video showed a "proofing box" design.  I'm going to try the hot water at the bottom of the oven next time I make bread to see if it really makes it any better.  It's a new thing for me.  I have read recipes for some kind of Boston bread that has water attached to it, but not regular bread.

I am trying to develop my own recipes for things I want to sell... caramels are one of those products.  I love them... so it seems like a good idea.  I will have to keep working on it.  I accidentally created a fudge-like caramel once, and it was so good I have wanted to figure out how to make it again... my problem is that I was just using up things I had at the time, so I have no idea how to recreate that "fudge" taste.   That recipe was so strange... it took several DAYS and then it died in that crystallization issue.  Usually it goes sugary right away... I was shocked that it took many days before that recipe did that.  So, I learned a big lesson... I may force my creations to sit at least a week before I ship them...

I am deeply interested in creating systems that utilize every aspect of their process... like making leather if I grow meat to eat, leather without chemical processes.  I saw a video tonight that reminded me of that goal, but my inspiration is Native Americans... they processed their hides without chemicals... I think they scraped them until they were processed enough to use... that's what I remember from something I saw way back in my youth.

This would be the idea behind growing your own food, composting the scraps, creating better soils, selling for income, sharing with ministries, preserving for non-growing seasons, and other food processes.  Natural grazing for animals is something I am trying to discover.  I haven't figured out the winter process for natural grazing, but I have some ideas to try out if I ever get the chance.

I think it is all related to being self-sufficient for me... knowing the day will come that Christians will not have a lot of resources so we have to make sure we don't waste anything.  Off-grid is wonderful.  How much we need is the big question for me.

Food issues are important because of the need to be self-sufficient... the size of the community we will feed and shelter and provide for is still unknown.  These are all the details that only GOD knows right now.

And every part of the world has different needs... different resources.

I think about these things every day... waiting for GOD to provide the ability to get them started and operating and moving toward their participants.

Well... it is late.  I get carried away with all the links I find... I better get to bed so I can do my budget tasks in the morning.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May GOD show us how to deal with the growing oppositions we face as Christians... and the technology that is used to hurt out lives... and the people who are our hidden enemies.  It makes me very sad that they hate us but call us the hate-filled people, always looking for ways to violate the lives of people who have never done anything to them.  How do we "fight" that kind of people?  I don't know.  I keep praying for GOD to show me the way through all this.  May we find that path soon.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.