20 March, 2018

Tuesday, 20 March 2018

Wow!  It was the first official day of Spring.  And the sun was out, and it was warm, and the dogs had fun being outside, and the grass got cut, and the workers got stuff done, and I watched some TV...

I have been thinking about one program I watch since I discovered it.  It was called BOOM BUST BOOM, and it was about the history of financial crises, or bubbles that popped.  I have had a hard time understanding the housing crisis since it happened.  I figured the banks could have avoided a lot of the problem by letting the loans continue, refinancing to lower payments, working with people -- especially those who were paying their loans off until the interest rate changed... but I didn't know if there were regulations forbidding them from doing that.

I kind of understand the process now... kind of.  The supply-and-demand relationship seems to be the place where prices get inflated and everyone is playing a game of "hot potato" -- trying not to be the one with the hot potato when the game stops.  Banks seem to be the winners, in the long-term, after all the dust settles... but I am not sure why they had to be bailed out.

The link to being a "free market" was repeated often... saying that regulations are not always going to prevent a collapse, but they seem to be part of the cycle.  The system crashes, so regulations stabilize the system, then people forget the risk involved in their choices, they speculate too much, and then the system crashes again.  I did see that DEBT is the core problem.  People would buy their investments using borrowed money, which was collectible on demand, and then fear would take over the banks and the slide into financial quicksand began.

I need to watch it again, but it might be better for you to watch it on your own.  It is hard to explain something that you don't really understand, and only caught pieces of information that seemed coherent to you.  :-)  I think it was on Netflix, but it may have been one of the free movies... I was exploring my options today.

Our debt issues are really serious.  They are like a crumbling foundation and ready to let us all fall into a financial disaster.  I keep wondering what will happen to my only source of income... the government via Social Security and food benefits.  How can I prepare for something like that?  I'm not sure.  I hope I find some way to get ahead soon.

I guess I am thinking twice as hard now.

*
I hope the construction gets done this week.  I am so tired of being in limbo with it. 

It makes me think of how to survive my old age... and where.

May GOD be kind to me and grant me financial blessing to accomplish the things that need to be done... soon... as soon as I can.

*
I think about the End Times a lot these days.  What is persecution going to look like?  How bad will it be?  How will we all survive it?  The Bible says our world will become like the days of Noah... which means there will only be ONE righteous person... that's a hard world to be in.

*
Since I was not able to stay in my room for most of the day, I did take my homemade bread project upstairs with me, and my soup.  I may use the mushroom soup path again. It tasted pretty decent mixed with everything else.  I still need to work on the bread recipe.  :-)  I want to find a one-loaf, easy-to-make, recipe for bread.  I am starting with 3 cups of flour as the base amount.

I know French bread is just flour, yeast, and water, maybe a little salt.  I haven't figured out baguettes yet.  I used some of the bread loaf in part of the soup today... so I may try it as a soup bowl.  When I get the recipe I like, I may try rolls as a small sandwich option.

Food is still a big issue.

I think I may get to bed early tonight... and try to sleep more in the night.

I heard some of the news tonight... about more bombs in Austin, TX. 

I heard one report about Trump in relation to social media and bullying.  The reporter turned an announcement about Melania crusading against kids who torment other kids, often into suicide, and made it a media crusade about Donald Trump's comments against the media... calling the adult use of comments as equal to the bullying topic Melania was talking about.  Made me really disgusted.  That is not the purpose of news or journalism.  The bitterness of the media is threatening the future of our nation.

Tomorrow, I hope to make up for today... or at least by Thursday and Friday.

I will try to clarify the points I was making about the financial film... after I watch it again.  It is only about an hour long.  And it had a lot of points to consider.  Boom Bust Boom at Netflix, I think.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May our lives become better.
May our hearts love more.
May we always think of ways to make the world nicer, cleaner, more kind, more fun.
May we see that each person has the right to make their own choices, as long as their choices don't hurt others.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.