16 March, 2018

Friday, 16 March 2018

Isn't it interesting what each day brings us.

I thought some construction in my room was going to be finished on Thursday, but nothing happened.  Nothing happened today, either.  I had all my things, well... as many as possible, covered with towels and blankets to try to avoid the dust from cutting holes in that chalk board they use on walls...  Instead, I ate too many caramels.  :-)  haha  What a way to wait!  I think they will be gone by Monday, and I will have to start my food challenge all over again.  :-)

I watched some HGTV as I was trying to wait.  Today I prepped a lot of veggies into fried rice, chili, and salad.  I have my "Sabbath food" for this weekend !!   :-)   (Plus my recently purchased fruit and veggies.)

I love how they change a building into something new.  I am always impressed.  Lots of ideas for the future.

*
My computer, not attached to the internet, seems to have a problem with Excel so I can't revise one of my forms.  This happened before, when I was attached to the internet, I think.  The button to color the text shuts it down.  Not sure what to do.  It isn't "protected" from viruses via the internet.  It just happened the other day... Wednesday.  I was working on it fine all morning and afternoon, then when I went to use it in the late afternoon or evening, it wouldn't work anymore.  I just shut it off.  I will have to try it again over the weekend.

*
I watched a great video clip somewhere on Facebook as I was checking pages and posts and groups... I shared it with some of the Christians on my page...  The guy that was on the video had a container with a bunch of orange styrofoam-like ping-pong-sized balls for his visual effect.  He was sharing how keeping in the Word will keep you filled with GOD and prevent the ills of the world from taking space in your life again.  It was great how he poured one pitcher of water (representing GOD and spiritual goodness) and only half of the little orange balls left the life of the "person" in the example.  :-)  At this point, he shared how being half filled with the goodness of GOD's Word and Presence left you looking "lukewarm" and more like the world.  Then he poured in a second pitcher of water and all the things of the world left that person in the example.  He then showed how being filled with GOD meant that the attacks of the Enemy might attack us again, but they wouldn't be able to take up residence... they could only float on the surface and be rejected.

I was impressed.  I don't know if you can find it on my page, but I think my Facebook address is ::  facebook.com/DeborahMartin.2014  I checked the name of my account, and that is the right one, but I am not sure of the exact web address to link it to.  It has been a LONG time since I shared it like this.  I am also a member of a women's Christian group, where I posted it as a link... the group is called Women of Faith ... you might find it there.  It is worth the search

*********************************

EDIT NOTE ::   

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1882185155145850&id=100000631509963   

 -- Hopefully, this will be the right link.  I will check it.

*********************************

*
I have created another photo message that I might make into a series... I am considering it.  I will try to post it here... hopefully, it will work right.  It is titled ::  HAPPINESS is...  -- and I would try to make a single statement about being happy, then I would write a short paragraph about the topic.  :-)  I am experimenting with ideas to post.  I didn't get any response from my fiverr.com/work2gather gig about making posts for others, but that is also a work-in-progress.  :-)

*
Who knows what I will find to do this weekend.  I have tons of things on my "list" to get done, but who knows what will actually be accomplished.  I have an unusual life with its own set of challenges.

I need to answer a letter from one of my sons, and do a few more of the letters on my monthly list.

I am really wanting to work on my art, start some craft projects, and find a place for everything.

Now, to decide what is allowed on GOD's Sabbath...

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD reach the hearts of all those I love with the message of the gospel for their lives, for their salvation, for their future.

May all those searching for Truth, for Peace, for Love, for Rest, and for all the good there is in this life, find their way to GOD through Jesus Christ.

May all of us be good, find good, and love what is good in this life so our world will be a better place.

May we be the best kind of person there is.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.