24 March, 2018

Saturday night, 24 March 2018

I'm here... thought about sharing on Facebook, but that is as unresponsive as this blog, so far -- still in prayer about the causes -- so I decided I might as well focus all my energy here.  :-)

I was just online looking for some info about books I saw in the latest ENTREPRENEUR magazine I got ... yesterday, I think.  Then I ended up at FORKS OVER KNIVES (.com) for a recipe... and that led me to a new website called  ::  thevegan8.com  --- which has recipes that have 8 or less ingredients.  It's easy to link from here to here to here to here to here... for hours!  I had internet problems or I would still be looking at some recipe choices.  I was at the VEGAN SOUR CREAM recipe when it all went away.  (It's made with silken tofu and white wine vinegar, salt to taste... interesting.  I don't like the push for tofu, but a little bit here and there might work.  I will have to try the recipe to see what it tastes like.)

They had a lot of sweet potato recipes and some chickpea variations.  I haven't figured out the foods that have the best bang for your buck yet... but I am fond of sweet potatoes in things.  (fries, side dish, and ??? )  Veggie and bean chili recipes are easy... a natural protein substitute for meat.  I'm getting to the point of making spaghetti sauce again... and I may puree it to make it smoother this time.  I'm not sure, I'm just kind of exploring the vegan difference.

The website doctor at Forks Over Knives had a post about overcoming diabetes with whole and minimally processed foods, whether they are carb-based or not.  I read the statement about most diabetics feeling they can't eat any (or few?) carbs to stay healthy.  I'm not sure how that all works, I just know good food is critical for good health... buy the best you can afford, it's all we can do. 

I am getting closer to figuring out my monthly allotment for "animal-based foods" in my current transition... I am at 2 bricks of cream cheese, trying for one pound of chicken, some kind of fish when I can -- I haven't decided if I will have one meat or a couple kinds of real meat.  I had a jar of herring snacks in wine sauce this month, and I just purchased some chicken tenders... I can't remember the weight on the package, but it was probably close to a pound.  No bacon this month.  I didn't eat out when I went shopping this month, so far...

I have been recording my oil and butter use and it is frightening to see it go higher and higher... those are some BIG calories. I don't know if the opinions against their use are because of calories or because they are "processed" -- so I haven't made a final decision about how much to use, and whether I want to go the no more fats route.  Changing our favorites is HARD!!!

I think I am getting a little bit smaller in my belly though.  That I like.  :-)   It can depend on the day still, but I am noticing some differences in my intake habits.  When I find the recipes I like, and want to eat, I will be better about all this.  Right now I am trying to decide what to buy each week and how to use the food to make decent meals.

It is true... when you eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you are full all the time.  I sometimes just eat because I want to eat that particular food at that particular time... not because I am hungry.  It was one of the things I noticed most when I started trying to eat better foods...  When you eat the right foods, you aren't hungry for a LONG time.  We have to figure this out and share it with the parts of the world that are starving.

I did take a small nap today... but I lasted until about 5pm!  It's a half win!  haha 
I am already ready to go back to sleep again... it's only 8pm.

The body is the thing we need to survive this life... finding a way to fit that sleep into our schedule is something important.  Everything rests and recovers when we sleep... I read somewhere that it takes years off your life when you don't sleep right.  I prefer to meet that battle without pills that turn into addictions, so I keep working on training my body to keep a schedule I can live with... TRY is the key word here.  :-)   Some things are beyond our control, so we have to just go with the flow.

I guess I really got into food again... sorry. Didn't plan that.  It is an ongoing effort in my goals, so it is always on my mind and budget.

The construction around here MIGHT get done next week... we have to wait and see.  :-(

Well, it's still the weekend.  I will head out of here now, but who knows when I will come back...  keep you guessing!  haha

I pray that GOD is watching over the people who love and trust Him for their care and life and happiness.

We are all struggling, but sometimes the Enemy seems to have more power than GOD... it isn't true, but you have to study the Bible to understand why GOD isn't a slave to our changing priorities... why free will is so essential to our relationship with Him and with our judgment and our forgiveness.

Someday I will get into all the deeper parts of my thoughts, I hope... until then, we just have to make it through today.

In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD watch over the innocent and keep those who hurt others on a path to Him, to forgiveness, to restitution, to a better life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.