12 March, 2018

Monday, 12 March 2018

Here we are, another week to overcome!  :-)

It looks like rain is heading our way again... the sun was so nice.  Everyone is longing more and more for the warm days of spring and summer.  The weatherman said our normal March is rain and cool.  :-(

I hope your day went well.

I sent off my first letter to Dylann Roof today.

My monthly letter list has grown by one, maybe even more.  :-)  I found a list of relative names to add to it.  Sometime this week.  If I live a relatively long time, I may even have letters in my mailbox to read.  I hope so.  Facebook is nice for some things, but it isn't real relationships.

I still have to figure out the best way to organize my social media... pages, likes, photos, privacy, etc... it is a big challenge to keep up with all of it.  I'm trying.

I was able to get to a grocery store and take care of some business (bill payments) and some food shopping. I didn't do a full shopping trip, but have enough for now... cream cheese for my veggies! :-)  YES!!!!  I also got a small ice cream... cookies and cream flavor.  It is so good... I love ice cream... in sugar cones.   My new healthy food effort includes the elimination of all animal foods... including their food products like eggs and cheese.  The reason is they all include animal proteins, which has been shown to excite cancer cells... to make them grow more and faster.  I hope to reduce these in my diet as much as possible, and have them as treats, occasionally (spelling?)... maybe when I go somewhere, like shopping days or other excursions.  I'm working toward that goal.  I am beginning to feel the weight of guilt when I have those treat moments.  :-)

We shall overcome.... both the food challenge and the guilt challenge.  :-)

I am working on some food crafting as I also work on some craft designs for selling.  The ingredients for some caramels is in the pan waiting to be cooked.  I was making bread when I started the process... I don't know if I want to stay up late to finish it.  Caramels can take a long time... it all depends on your recipe.

I have been thinking about GOD alot today... about how we are all equal in His view, and the "rules" apply to every one of us... no one gets away with anything, they just think they do.  Payment day always comes due.  I was thinking about a lot of things today... heavy and serious things.  I think the letter to Dylann may have set it off.  Some of us make very bad choices, for whatever reasons, and the consequences are hard to bear.  But GOD is willing to forgive us when we are truly sorry for the things we have done to hurt GOD, hurt others, or hurt ourselves.  I told Dylann something and it has stayed with me as well... I said ::

No one is too bad to be forgiven.

I have imagined how difficult that would be for anyone to hear when they have suffered the effects of another person's bad choices... but GOD tells us that is His gift to us through Jesus Christ... we have all done terrible things to people... maybe not murder that gets in the news, but things that hurt others, sometimes forever.  We are all guilty, we all need to be forgiven... we just seem to think other people's sins are somehow worse than ours.  In GOD's eyes, all sin is equal, all sin is bad, all sin needs to be atoned for in the way GOD has provided... through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for them.

I hope Dylann finds a way to GOD and a way to redeem himself before he dies.

I sometimes feel my death is near, but I don't fear the end of this life... I know where I will be going.  I also know I won't be going to hell or the Lake of Fire forever.  I hope you will meet me there.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May GOD lead us all to heaven, help us to make ammends for our sins, and bring us peace that only GOD can give us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.