11 March, 2018

Sunday, 11 March 2018

What a morning to wake up early... very early!  :-)  I thought it was 3am when a pet was in sudden distress and I got up to see what was wrong... later, I realized I hadn't moved my watch and clock ahead yet.  I've had to wash my blankets, eaten what I could find, and am ready to get back to sleep... but I was here at my desk so I thought I would add a blog post.

Christian radio is on.

It is Sunday.

I am planning to get my driver's license again, as soon as I can, so I can go shopping, get my mail, visit my son in prison, find a church, and do so many things non-drivers can't easily get done.

2018 is a big year for me.  I have made decisions that I have been praying about for a long time, looking for GOD's answers, His path, His wisdom.

Discovering the evil that is in our world, that affects our lives, is a difficult transition for each person to make.  I have seen how vulnerable we are.  I have seen how evil likes to isolate the good people who cannot fight against them.  I have wondered how we can change the way the enemy of our souls too often wins the battles we don't even know we are in the middle of.

This is the goal of Working Together... to make places of safety to turn to... where we can find GOD's people, find help, find fellowship and protection and some kind of earthly safety in this spiritual battle.

It is a daily war.

It never goes away.

There is no place I can go to hide from it.

I am still looking for that Body of Christ that was created to overcome some of these human challenges in our world.

I am not talking about prayer.  I pray all the time.  Prayer is our seeking GOD for these answers we search for.  It is the answer to prayers that I am looking for.  Answers have to come from human sources, most of the time.  :-) 

In some of my prayers and searching for GOD's answers, I think about the consequences of Christians NOT doing what GOD asks them to do... I wonder how to be sure we are doing OUR part, what GOD wants US to do... What happens when we don't do what we think the Holy Spirit is telling us to do? 

I had one experience in my life that showed me one way the Holy Spirit works... I was in a group study class on a Sunday and I felt the Holy Spirit rise inside me - telling me to share a certain thought with the group.  I often speak too much in groups, which causes other problems.  I don't recall all the details, but this time I decided not to speak.  In just another moment the comment I declined to make was uttered by another person in the group.  To me, that was the Holy Spirit finding another way to reach HIS goal.  Since then, I have wondered what happens when there is only one person to do a task that GOD wants done... and they don't do it.

There isn't any way to know for sure, but we have the story of Jonah as one example.  I guess Moses is another.  If Mary said no, would we be lifting up some other female name?  I'm not sure who would best show the consequences of saying no to GOD's promptings... in the Bible.  In our daily lives, those consequences are hard to discover, too.  I see the issue as being what GOD calls ME to do... not what everyone else may want from me.  Finding and doing GOD's Will is not an easy task.

These are the things I am thinking about in this season of my life.

For now, I will go back to bed and try to rest.  When I wake up, the world may look better.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May we all be able to discover GOD's special tasks for us to do... and choose to do them.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.