14 May, 2018

Monday, 14 May 2018

Monday is almost over...  I get carried away when I finally get online some days.  This is one of those.

I found old photos of my sons on different Facebook pages.
I watched the following video at one page and decided I would share it even though it is a little strong for the Christian ear.

https://www.facebook.com/liz.terry3/posts/10213622286648920
https://www.facebook.com/liz.terry3/posts/10213622286648920

Today was a long day of little things that needed to get done.
Tomorrow will be another one of those days.  :-)

I hope the video link posts good... I am still learning how to do a lot of this online sharing.

I signed up for a bunch of Vegan and Vegetarian and WeightWatchers groups over the weekend and they have taken over my Facebook feed.  I'm watching the process, but will need to turn off the notifications and then just check the groups when I can.  All my normal groups seem to be suffering, but I haven't been on FB a lot this weekend...  I don't think so, anyway... it all becomes a blur!

I'm in the process of making my very first batch of gingerbread cookies... so I need to get them done tomorrow.  I hope they turn out well.  I need something for my sweet tooth!

I'm rationing the tater tots I finally bought at the store... I am tempted to make more than one ration every time I make them!

I went shopping over the weekend, so I purchased my allotments of "forbidden foods" -- the herring snacks are gone, but they lasted longer than the ice cream!  I hid my grated cheese, and my single serving of packaged smoked salmon.  I made my chicken tenders last week. I ate half of the package and froze the other half, as I did with my banana bread effort.  I am getting a system working... figuring out my maximum allotments of these animal foods.

== I hope to learn how to do sorbets so I can try to eat them instead of ice cream.
== I eat less of the cream cheese block by only making a small part of it.  I tried a new version of cream cheese made with greek yogurt, and it is good... but it is still dairy.  I am trying to find out what "non-dairy yogurt" is... I don't want to eat a lot of tofu and soy products.  I think they have hidden problems in the body...
== I can't find smaller jars of my favorite herring snack, but I am rationing my purchases.
== My butter and oil uses are going down.  I still buy one back-up of each, but I use to buy two.  If I find I don't need them anymore, they will go to the local mission.

One good thing about the veggie/food groups is the photos of what other people consider meals... how much they eat, what they put in a salad, how they make regular food into veggie food.

It is a strange thing how you begin to see a lot of veggies as a meal, without meat.  I have had baked  potatoes with other roasted veggies and been very full, sometimes for a long time after eating.  I am learning the secrets of which foods are best for my lifestyle and food goals.  Shopping is a very different process anymore.

With my smaller refrigerator, shopping is even more of a challenge.  I have to be careful how much food I buy because I only have a limited amount of space... so, I buy lots on non-refrigerated food, and tend to eat most of the ones that have to be refrigerated first, with some going into the freezer for future dishes.

It is a good thing.

Now, I need to work on my exercise... still.  :-)   -- It is my NY goal this year to figure out an exercise plan I can actually enjoy... and keep doing... for the rest of my life, or as long as possible.

I was thinking today, as I was planning to eat a forbidden food, that I also believe eating can be enjoyed as we get to the end of our life.  I'm there.  Reasonable boundaries in my food choices is more important than rigid boundaries that make you feel guilty and miserable.  If I want to eat chicken, I am going to eat chicken. or ice cream. or cream cheese. or grated cheese. etc.  They are treats to me right now.  If my heart kills me one of these days, I don't want to go without enjoying my favorite foods.

Of course, my goal to find new favorite foods is also good.  :-)

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May we all find a way to balance our lives with moderation and joy and good memories.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.