23 April, 2018

Monday, 23 April 2018

I think it is making all the difference to have a regular computer... It looks like I will be able to insert photos as I write... not this post, but soon.

The weekend... it was a bit difficult in some ways.  I think I wrote about it at Facebook...

My two new (used) DVDs of Food Documentaries arrived in the mail on Saturday, so I started to watch Food Inc. and then went to do something else.  I just couldn't finish watching it... on Sunday or today, but I do have to.  I need to make sure it works right.

I had a hard time listening to the mother who lost her young child to tainted beef... it just makes me cry, and I can't deal with it.  It the process of sharing her efforts to get our food laws changed, they share her story.  Mostly, I remember her saying they had been working on that issue for over six years and still no changes were made.

After watching many of these films, it seems pointless to even fight Washington (DC) about issues that seem so logical to normal people.  Why are the money issues so important to people in our government... is it only lobbyists?  is it the tax income big companies provide to operate the government?  is it people just wanting to keep their own jobs in government offices?  is it election payback?  There has to be more than one simple answer.

It isn't just the food issues in government that are like this.  I remember trying to find solutions in the Welfare stream of government bureaucracy.  I shared it before, that is when I learned what "global angst" is... which means there is no one place to go to solve a problem... like, no one is in charge enough to fix it.  It is angst (anger...conflict...irritation...etc...) that you cannot point in one direction, it goes everywhere... all over... is without form... cannot be touched... cannot be fixed.  That is what I discovered.

It changes the way you look at a problem, and solutions.

Back to my DVDs... the other one I received was GMO OMG.  When I saw the photos on the cover, I realized I had seen this film before... probably on Netflix.  I still need to watch it again to see if the DVD is good.

I have been making new forms on this new computer because I can't access the other ones I have been using on the old computer.  It is also an opportunity to change my focus from daily spending to budget groups.  So, that is taking a bunch of time. I am learning Open Office in the process, and deciding if I want to continue with it.  I have no idea how it works with other parts of the internet or general use of PDFs and things I might create.

Why does it matter?  Because I need to get better at only spending what is allocated for each budget group.  My new format will help me do that, but I have to get the entry process figured out.  I have developed my budget categories over time, and decided on these because they covered everything in the space I had to work with ::

10%  Tithe
10%  Savings
30%  Shelter
20%  Food
10%  Household
05%  Personal
10%  Crafts
05%  Other

(Note::  I added my general percentages later, but these are the goal, not the reality right now.  Percentages always depend on how much money you are budgeting.)

I think everyone has to find their best solution to budget categories.  Some have "recreation" or "education" and some even separate clothes and furniture and eating out within all their choices.  I needed to fit mine on one page, for now, so that is what I came up with.

My new form lets me enter a date, details about the entry, the full amount, how it was paid, and then which categories were included in the single purchase amount.  This will let me keep track of a lot of things.

Basic accounting principles are similar.  I don't want to do a whole set of books right now... that would be too much for me.  This may be a better solution for my life than the other way I was keeping track of things.  I can't even begin to number the different versions I have gone through as I develop my yearly recordkeeping.

My goal pages are next on the list for creating new versions.

Well, that's enough for now... it is late (for me).  I don't know how deeply I want to get into more serious topics yet, so this will have to do for now.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD I love be the One who loves me... shows me the way to go, provides for my needs, protects me and those I love, answers my prayers, watches over my life, keeps harm away, saves the souls of all I know and care about. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.