28 December, 2017

Thursday, 28 December 2017

Well... I am officially "old" now.
I just turned 65.

I am still trying to decide what that means.

We have to change because our health dictates our limits.
Our finances dictate our limits.
Lots of things change our lives when we head into oldness.

*
I worry about the world.
The young people I know have been filled with anger and bitterness.
They seem to value different things.
They don't have strong foundations of good examples to build on.
It's been a slow long process of change,
but it is change.  It is what we have become.
It is leading us into our future.

I was reading something on Facebook, probably today,
asking readers about what matters most to them...
maybe it was about the education system, I'm not sure,
but the values of the world create our world.

Without the influence of godly values, what is left?
Not the goodness we want for ourselves.
We won't be able to make enough prisons to hold all of society
when the Christian (and Jewish) influence of biblical values is gone.
It scares me sometimes.  I don't think I will be here.
My children might still be here.

The Bible tells us much more than we think it does.
We think the people who lived in the past were some kind of strange creatures,
but they were people just like us.
Humanity.
Sinners.
Lost.
Afraid.
Searching for someone to love them.
Looking for love (probably in all the wrong places, like we all do).
Trusting people they shouldn't.

We fight our battles every day.
The big difference between the lost and those dedicated to GOD
is how we solve our problems, what we are willing to do... or not do.
The news shows more and more surveillance videos now...
If there were other options, would the lost choose better solutions for their desperate needs?
People kill others and themselves because they don't know how to cope.
If they knew GOD, trusted Him, and understood the good things GOD teaches in the Bible,
their lives would be very different.  Not easy, but better. 
Not without problems, but without the need for a lot of the choices that hurt their futures.

I don't know what the rest of my life will be like, but I hope it is better than the past.
I live each day trusting in GOD's Plan for me... so I do the best I can and keep going forward.
What else is there?  GOD holds the power of life and death in His Hands...
I hope I see the answers to my prayers before He calls me home.
I may not be a "success" in the eyes of others,
but I see GOD as my guide, not them.

I will just keep doing the best I can each day... and trust that GOD will be with me as I do.

Birthdays really make us think about our lives...  :-)

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD have mercy on those who don't know Him,
and help them to find the peace and goodness He wants to share with them.
May we all find a way to help each other.
May our goals be God's goals.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.