06 December, 2017

Wednesday, 6 December 2017

I finally took care of some shopping and errands today.
I am so tired, even after a nap earlier.
This MAY be short... but you know what happens when I get started!  :-)

I couldn't believe the news tonight... the photos of the California fires by Los Angeles, the general area I grew up in.  They said the winds would be fierce tonight... and continue through to the weekend.  I guess the only blessing is that the wind is blowing toward the ocean... well, I'm not sure, really... I just remember one of the reports said the fire went all the way to the ocean.

It was my favorite spot, the ocean.  They haven't shown a single map of the exact areas.  When I was a young driver, I use to drive all over the area trying to get lost... discovering places I never would have known existed... and never really getting lost.

The news stated that a very wealthy area was being destroyed.  That the Getty Museum is in danger.  It gets confusing when they say there are four separate fires in the same area.  I find it hard to figure out exactly where they are talking about.

I hurt for all the people who are suffering these losses.  Insurance may replace the buildings, but it can never replace memorabilia and things we never realized were so important to our life until they are gone.  I was telling my son this morning that you never get over the losses... you remember something you had, and then you remember it is gone.

*
Now that my shopping is done, I can focus on my other activity plans... like getting Christmas done!  :-)

I finished my Christmas giving today... the stuff on my lists.  It feels great to have that done.  I always say that if I had a lot of money, I could shop all the way through Christmas Eve... this is my FAVORITE time of the year.

I have already watched IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, WHITE CHRISTMAS, and MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET. Today I found a CD of Christmas music at the Salvation Army Sale.  I also found a VHS copy of LADY AND THE TRAMP !!!  It think it is the last one of the Disney animations I wanted to find.  I will watch it when I think I can stay awake that long!  haha  I hope the tape is good.  You never really know until you get it home and put it in the machine.

I actually bought a newer DVD at Walmart on Black Friday that won't work in my older machine.  Now I have to decide what to do about that.  I haven't had problems with any other DVD, so I have to assume it is a new way they are making them.  It was made in Mexico... do you think that is a problem?

I was looking for just the right size of appliances for myself today, and trying to figure out how much money I will need to eventually buy them.  I am checking on full size food processors, very small electric skillets, the small frig with a separate freezer section that I mentioned before, and some kind of SMALL slow cooker.  Later I need to buy a vacuum for myself. I am also searching for the perfect rug for my kitchen space.  I want to find new kitchen towels, but haven't decided on the two colors I want.  I like to get two colors so I can alternate them while using them.  It helps me to keep the old and new ones figured out.  :-)

I am still sorting through my belonging to purge the things I don't need to keep anymore... maybe because I found something better.  I am also sorting to create my crafting section of similar items from my kitchen/food use items.  It is getting really interesting.  All of this leads to storage issues.  I decided I am going to paint my crafting items to make sure they are separate and don't somehow get mixed into my food bowls and pans, etc.

As each space gets figured out, I begin to know what kind of furniture or storage shelving might work best for the long term... like my decision to get the 6-cube shelf.  Now I want to find a 2-cube shelf or some kind of crate system that can be rearranged when I want to make it different.  With only two windows, plant space is premium... also, being able to open the window for air circulation while I am doing some crafts is essential.  Once I get rid of the big fridge, I can move my work tables around to make more space for my bigger projects.

I am really so happy to be able to work on these issues.  I hope that GOD will bring me even more space and money in the future.

*
Well, time to go for today.
I still have to do my December Membership Drive post.
It is easier to get this post written first.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD comfort those who are suffering in Los Angeles because of the fires.  The numbers seem to be in the thousands.  Only GOD can control the wind... I hope He has mercy on us all.

May Israel be safe.  May the media not incite violence with the way they report on the issues.  May the innocent not be caught in the middle of this conflict.  May we begin to realize that violence is not the way to solve our problems.

May GOD provide for me and WT and the future needs of His people... everywhere.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.