15 December, 2017

Thursday, 14 December 2017

I'm a bit late with this post, but we will all survive!  :-)

I heard that RC Sproul died on Thursday.  Later I heard he had cancer for many years. 

Then I happened on a TBN program on TV with James and Betty Robison as guests of the program... what I remember was the story of the death of their daughter several years prior to the program (I don't know if it was a repeat). 

When people die, we have strange perspectives about it.  RC Sproul was elderly, had lived a long life and accomplished a lot in terms of Christian service.  The Robison's daughter was a mother and wife and dedicated Christian, but she was relatively young.  This made it seem more devastating.

Really, we are all going to die.
GOD decides our time.

I think the sorrow is because we love someone, we wanted them to be with us longer.  Our loss is painful.  It is always hard to bear the sufferings of our children.

I have not known the loss of someone close to me yet... but it may come before my own death. I don't know.

I have been preparing for my own death.

It is a natural part of this life... from the moment of conception we are destined to die.

It's a morbid thought... but it is something we have to deal with eventually.

I also saw a news report on fathers that lost their children to gun violence... and were trying to make it into a meaningful event... to make their memories live on.

I also viewed a news report from another country's program... maybe the BBC's news, or Germany's (DW).  Little starving babies, large starving children, no money for medical help, or medicine.  Parents were doing the best they could for their children in the midst of violence and suffering.

We don't live in a very nice world.
We all do the best we can.
And then we die.

It doesn't matter what the world says will happen when I die.
I know that my final resting place will be in heaven.

I weep for the people I love who are not yet saved.
I won't be able to see them in heaven.

*
*
*
May GOD reach the hearts of those we love and bring them into His Kingdom.
May we find the words to share salvation with others.
May we rest. May we speak. May we find the way to reach the lost.
Amen.

Until next time...
Deborah Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.