01 January, 2018

Monday, 1 January 2018

A new year...
I saw a post on Facebook the other day... about the New Year.  It said something like ::

One year = 365 opportunities

Nice way to see the year...
We can start over every new day...
Begin again...

I have "exercise" as my theme this year...
I will probably be doing a lot of starting over !!!   :-)

I am still working on my goals for the next year.
I am trying to put them down on paper so I can look at them as time goes by.
One section on my goal sheet is for my top 3 goals.
I have been thinking about those since I reformatted my goal page.

Goals are not exactly like the list of things you want to get.
I have a long list of things I need to buy to do the things I have as goals...
for crafting, for business, for personal things like my bucket list...
but that is not the same as what is my bigger goal for the whole year.

Our budgets make our goals, I guess.
I don't have much money to work with, so things take a lot longer.
When I have to start over again, it only takes longer...
I have to get to where I was and then try to keep going.
I watched some ROKU channel this weekend,
including part of a documentary on people who are homeless
and surviving in the drainage tunnels under big cities.
Every winter, everything gets "washed away" and then you have to start over.
Tent people suffer the same problem...
there is a "sweep" and all the efforts they have made to get ahead are taken to the dump.
I lost most of my things when they were in storage lockers.
One payment missed and they want to sell your life's belongings.
I remember hearing about a famous person owing a storage place thousands and thousands of dollars and they still had their possessions.  Why do the poor lose theirs after one month?
People need a place to build... a place they can make their own...
even poor people need that.

This year is a blank canvas.
I hope it becomes a great memory.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the GOD who owns it all decide to share some with me.  :-)  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.