07 December, 2017

Thursday, 7 December 2017

Pearl Harbor happened today... many years ago.
I'm not good with history, but Georgene Rice, on Christian radio station KPDQ, always shares the history of days like today.  It seems we were surprised by a country that we didn't think would be able to attack us.  I remember she talked about one ship where only a few hundred of the over a thousand sailors were saved when they were attacked.  I remember she said that oil still seeps from one ship, and that the bodies of our soldiers are still down there.  I remember thinking we must have the ability to raise those ship or retrieve those bodies now.

Looking back we probably wouldn't see that kind of attack happen, but the world has changed since then.  Now we are attacked by computer... and we never see it coming.  I guess we need to remember that people who want to "win" will find a way to do it... or keep trying.

*
It was a long day of recovering from my shopping excursion...  I will probably need tomorrow to get more "normal" as well as today.  This is my life right now.  When the situations change, so do the abilities we have to deal with them.  If I was driving a car I wouldn't have so much "exercise" when I shop... but, I probably couldn't afford to go anywhere if I owned a car, or might get killed while driving.  Life is filled with different choices and consequences for each of us.

*
Today I had to do my accounting chores, too... try to find out where my budget is at, figure out who is left to buy Christmas for, etc.  I finished my online shopping, I think... Now I need to finish my crafted gifts.  :-) 

*
Not much to share today... I didn't watch any TV... barely heard any radio... didn't read anything, except my browse through the paper I picked up when I went shopping.  I collect the articles I want to read then recycle the rest of the paper.  All of that needs to be done tomorrow.

I did watch the VHS tape I bought at the thrift store... Lady and the Tramp.  It was so great to watch again.  :-)  I love the way the old Disney cartoons capture the characters... they have real personalities that all get mixed together to make the movie.  My son and his wife have a terrier like Tramp, so now I can really see the breed defined in the cartoon.  It's just a dog until you discover there are real differences between the breeds of animals.

The rest of the day was daily living chores and resting.  Fun, huh!

Until next time, God willing,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the world be safe and secure and happy and loving and worthwhile for as many people and animals and good/honest businesses as possible.

May we all live within our means.

May we all find ways to survive together.

May those who are in a season of suffering and struggle find a blessing from GOD in their day.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.