19 December, 2017

Tuesday, 19 December 2017

I guess I can start this post a little early.  I tend to wait until I am done for the day... and fight to stay awake!

It's cold and wet in the Northwest today... yuk!  I read in a weather report that today is going to be the wettest day of the week... so I hope they are right. I still need to get out shopping one more time before the holiday.

*
I have to share about my fruit leather experiment.  I didn't like the way my previous attempt to make some blackberry fruit leather turned out, so I decided to try a thicker version, without the paper backing.  I am amazed at how the fruit shrinks... a big lesson.  I like the way it didn't stick to the pan... a great outcome.  I don't like how long it takes to dry... and I want to make smaller sized pans of fruit leather in the future.  I have eaten too much of it already, testing it you know.  I forgot to mix sugar in the berries when I pureed them so I sprinkled a covering of sugar on it when I started the drying process.  It's not too sour.  My plan to cut it up into large cubes, like the aplets and cotlets, did not work out.  I will need a very deep pan and lots of berries to get that much size after drying.  I may change the way I make the puree too.  So many things to think about when you are trying to create a decent product to sell.

*
I'm not sure why, but I am so tired... I even took a nap today, but I am ready for bed already.  It must be the fruit leather.  :-)  They say turkey makes you want to sleep.

*
Well... that will have to do for today.

Maybe I can rest and get back up later to do some of the things on my list!  :-)

Merry Christmas!
It's almost here!  I hope you are ready for it!

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD help us all to keep the right perspective in our hearts this year... we are celebrating the birth of Christ, our Saviour.  I know the world has changed the meaning of our celebration season, but that is the battle between good and evil, God and Satan.  It is meant to be a holy season of love and giving, of remembering the gift that God gave us when Christ was born, how many prophecies He has fulfilled, and the difference He makes in our salvation and forgiveness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.