13 December, 2017

Wednesday, 13 December 2017

My goodness... where do the days go!

I have been reorganizing my room for better crafting options and it is beginning to look good!  When I finally get it "done" I will think about sharing some photos.

It is so cold here, I didn't go out today.  I was hoping to pick up a few things I am wanting/needing (like the Christmas wrapping paper I need to finish my gifts), but just couldn't think of being out so long in this cold.  Maybe one of the next few days will be better.

We are having septic tank problems here, so that has bothered all the water uses... showers, dishes, laundry, and all those kinds of things.  :-)  Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

As I said before, I am in the process of purging my belongings.  I don't have much, but I decided to only keep the stuff that I really need or want.  I'm going to put my "extra" stuff on eBay or Amazon or somewhere...  You can put "vintage" items for sale at Etsy.  This will be fun.  It will take a whole week to finally get it all photographed and entered as a listing.  Lots of little things... and I have been trying to figure out how to package them for shipping.  I will need to figure out the pricing, too.

The spot for the smaller fridge has been cleared out now.  I took down all my wall items by that space, and already moved my food storage jars and other items that were on the counter.  The big fridge has been cleaned of all my taped items, too.  Soon the interior spaces will be pretty bare, too.  I'm slowly working down my food supplies.  It will be strange, but I can do this.  It will be better for me, but I have to get use to the changes it makes in daily life.

I have been working on my diet challenges, too... the changes I want to make since seeing FORKS OVER KNIVES.  I actually used 1/3 cup of water to steam my veggies today, instead of using oil while I cook them.  They were OK... I put them over rice and used soy sauce.  So far that is my usual cooked veggie option.  Soon I will find other ways to cook them and eat them.  I'm working on spices instead of other things for flavor.

I do love my popcorn... usually once a day.  It is one of my "downfall dishes" (Rocco DiSpirito).  I am working on how to reduce my popcorn calories.  Cream cheese is another one of my can't do without foods.  I guess coffee (and sugar) is the other... with sometimes having Cafe Vienna, for a treat now... which was one of my goals.  I don't know how healthy I can get, but I am trying to make a lot of small changes.  One of these days I will make more small changes.  Eventually I will get closer to where I have always wanted to be.

Have to get going...this has to be a short post.  Hope you don't mind.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*

May God be with us as we work to become better people and a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.