30 November, 2017

Thursday, 30 November 2017

Wow... I have just developed a terrible headache and taken four aspirins... my dose for a big headache... and I want to get to bed.  I will write this the best I can.

I think it was filling out my government application for Medicare help that gave me the headache!  Fifteen pages of checking up on me and making sure I don't make any money, or telling me they can put me in jail for lying, or both.  Turning 65 has been quite an eye-opener.  The government has all the details on my existence, but they keep adding to the process (which costs a lot more money!).

One of the things they put on senior citizen paperwork now is that they will attach your estate for any costs you incur.  I decided to request a finanancial accounting of what that amount would be, and what it would be for.  If I win the lottery they will be looking for it, too.  I am just wondering what they intend to charge for.

Dealing with the government means there is probably no one in charge of that amount.  I wonder what I will get in response, if I get a response.

They ask if I have a will in place, too.  I haven't had an official will created, even though I have written them in draft form over the years.  I never really had anything that I would consider valuable in their eyes... now I am thinking of making sure everything is taken care of.

The government offers help for when you are losing your shelter... but I have never found help for the legal needs of starting a business, at home or otherwise, or legal help for matters like wills and trusts, etc.  I think you can find volunteers to help you with your tax returns.  Some colleges have legal clinics, but they are not usually for these kinds of things (I forget what the last one I checked on was offering.)

So, I will have to get all my writing done, save my money, and then hope one hour will take care of making sure it is legally correct... or whatever it may need to be. 

Business advice from legal standpoints has also been beyond my budget.  (And accountants.)

Finding a lawyer is also a challenge... my son's got in trouble and were appointed lawyers by the court to cover their legal duties... finding a good lawyer for things like this (business and death) is like closing your eyes and pointing to an address in the phone book (old school).  I suppose they have random options with a computer now.

...one of these days...  maybe I will find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  :-)

*
I am working on my budget, kind of.  I have to figure out how to do December.

*
I am praying for the actions of the GOD I believe in... on my behalf.
I hope He will do something good... soon.

*
Well, you see how bad my attitude gets with headaches... I will try to add something tomorrow...

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the one true GOD help us to become a better world, where everyone can decide for themselves what they want to believe and not be attacked, maimed, killed, or imprisoned because they don't agree with the ruling government/power. 
May children not be married to people they don't know or love.
May parents do what is right for their children.
May our differences be respected by each of us, and battled in conversations, not with guns and violence.
May GOD help us.
Amen.

(I watched a news report some little poor girls in Bangladesh who discovered surfing and it was becoming a religious tragedy because of the Muslim influence in the area...  force is never GOD's way, it is the mistaken choice of men... of tyrants.  I fear for the innocent who suffer because of these changing times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.