27 November, 2017

Monday, 27 November 2017

Since I am at this device, I may as well get this done!  :-)

I was listening to NBR and they had a segment on Jeff Bezos (Amazon) becoming a very rich man in his stock ownership. In the report they stated he has no philanthropic goals, foundation, etc.  Then they mentioned a tweet (@JeffBezos) from last June asking for ideas.  When I got there, I realized it was an impossible task... good ideas take lots of words, but who has time to read them all!  :-)  I added a link to my webpage, which I am in the process of updating but still has links to all my commenting places  :-)  -- and then shared that housing ownership is the greatest need for the poor and homeless everywhere.  There weren't many tweets there, but it did have the blue checkmark.  Hope that it gets read, but it is also attached to my @FixingAmerica Twitter account.  :-)  Who knows... It's almost December....  It was interesting to see "0" following on the account.  :-)

*
Friday was a day of shopping for me... after I mailed all my Christmas cards for this year.

I stayed home Saturday and Sunday. 

I forgot about Cyber Monday. 

I don't have much money to spend anyway.  I'm trying to save what I have left and rebuild my emergency fund, which got spent on lots of things...   I think I have all gifts done, including myself, but there are still some household items on my wish list to make it better here.

Been working on my crafting projects.  If I start making jewelry to sell, I will be wearing more of it... I can tell that already!  I discovered my pierced ears were nearly closed from lack of earrings being worn, so now I have a pair of crafting earrings in them to keep them open.  I was wearing a gift pair from last Christmas, but it was too much for my ears... not hypo-allergenic wires and my ears were sore wearing them... maybe needing time to recover from getting "pierced" again.  :-) 

I'm working on bracelet ideas, too.  I can see how one change is going to lead to another!  I may actually have to buy some NEW clothes one of these days... decent stuff (non-jeans  :-) , maybe even a dress!  What is the world coming to!

*
Today I made my first effort at creating a small evergreen wreath for the door on my room.  It doesn't smell like an evergreen, so I may have to find better branches.  If I can, I will try to add a photo after I am done with this.  It is still such a problem, one I didn't have when I use to use a real computer.  We will keep working on this issue until we find the answer!  :-)

*
I'm trying to find my recipe for making your own dog biscuits/bones so I can get that done.  I already bought the dogs some store treats, but I hope to make some from scratch to give them too. 

I'm also working on a gift for the wild birds, one I hope to sell in the future.  Maybe come chicken treats, too.

The kitty that lives here is not feeling well so I hope she gets better.  I think she will get a catnip toy.

*
I am working through all the fudge I made without nuts... it is enough for my chocolate cravings.  I ration them out, but I am also working on my next sugar creation/s. 

My diet has suffered enormously.  (so sad)

*
I want to send my housing ideas to the local government that is selling their low-income properties... I think to finance new government offices.  It really is a dilemma for everyone... as the government struggles to survive, it sacrifices things it shouldn't... like using the funds meant to finance Social Security and now the system is facing bankruptcy and is paid through debt financing.

The people who are in those units depend on that housing to survive... just to make it through each month because their incomes are so low.  The entire city, the Portland Metro Area, is battling gentrification issues, as are many other places, so there is no other neighborhood for them to move to.

It really is a sad system... not very well thought out. 

From the local papers, I read that Clackamas County was the first to operate low-income housing on government-owned land.  Because the housing is old, I am assuming they don't want to replace it.  The need for money to build new county offices makes it convenient to sell now.  The government will offer "opportunities" to help them find other housing (like Section 8 vouchers), but they generally are worthless because there is little to no decent housing that qualifies and/or provides the schools, transportation, and shopping options that low-income families need. 

I am making generalizations, yes, but this is what I have seen the government do... the programs they create often look good on paper but don't work good in real life.

I already went through my "shock" stage from discovering all these things in the middle of my needs... it's hard to find solutions within the government's boundaries... but some things only the government can do, like my suggestions for prison reforms.

Enough... I hope I am not too late to comment on their plan to sell the land.  I just kept putting it off because it is such a hard topic for me.  I am still just one foot away from living on the street, again... but I pray every day for GOD to provide a better future for me (and WT).

*
I guess I will go now... I have sufficiently depressed myself out of words.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May God be kind to all who are suffering, and provide for their individual needs.
May we find a way to change the status quo of government life, and make it more self-sufficient with a lower tax need.
May we give this year to as many as we can.
May our lives see more than us, more than what we get, more than what we want, more than what we have, more than dollar signs.
May our country become debt free, and find leaders that will keep it that way.
May we preserve all that is good about America and change what is wrong with it...for the better.
May the joy of Christmas be welcomed, and remembered.
May our people choose good over evil, right over wrong, life over death, and compassion over fear.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.