23 November, 2017

Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, 23 NOV 2017

It would be easy to forget today's post... but here I am.  :-)

*
I hope everyone had a nice day, had enough to eat, and is happy.  I saw quite a lot of posts on Facebook with great photos for Thanksgiving reminders.  I save the ones I want to look at later on and remind myself of their message.  There were several mission posts about feeding people who don't have homes, or don't cook, or can't afford to make a holiday meal.  Next year I may try to volunteer as a server... it depends on my situation at the time.  Travel can be a problem for me.

*
I finished my Christmas cards for this year. Will try to mail them tomorrow as I look for my Black Friday deal/s.  This is really early for me... but I wanted to get it done.  With my increase in crafting there is less time for doing my cards, and money goes away so fast.  I want to make sure I have enough money for the postage.

*
Today I was busy making more of my craft projects.  My big one was trying a friendship bracelet with little sparkly things.  It was really a great feeling to see it becoming a nice bracelet.  I can't finish it until I find my beading needles... or buy some more until I do.  I am already thinking of other designs to try.  It's my first friendship-type bracelet, with cord and beads.  The instructions I do have are very nominal, so I have to find out more information about the finishing steps.  The start is easy, the finish is unknown.  I am making up my own versions as I work.

My California background, and 60's teen years, have me stuck in some of the hippie designs when I bead, etc.  I don't know where I will sell these things, but they are easier for me to make with recycled supplies.  Now that I am getting better supplies, I can try new designs.  It is beginning to feel like there is a future for my efforts.

*
I needed to rework my Christmas tree and decorations, so I finished that today.  I will try to post my photo of it.  It became quite a fun time for me... trying to figure out what I could use, make, do with the supplies I had.  I designed my own decoration hooks, sorted through the old type bulbs I had that were small, and then wound up using some gold and red jingle bells for my tree bulbs.  In the process of making jingle bell decorations, I made a little cat toy to see if it would be fun for the (older) cat that lives here.  I have some catnip to work into a Christmas gift for her, too.  :-)  Once I find a good design, I will make more to sell online.

*
I am making as many things as I can with a mix of recycled and new supplies.  This makes it easier to create workable designs... and I love the challenge.  In this arena I hope to design some kits to sell online.

I keep saying I will be OK if I just live long enough!!!  :-)

*
I entered some of my Thankfulness at posts on Facebook, but I would like to end with something here.

I am thankful for my life... for my children... for my salvation... for my hope and faith and love and joy... for being an American... for meaning in my life... for dreams and goals... for being able to read... for my education... for food and shelter... for being relatively healthy... for the person GOD has made me.

I hope you have many things you are thankful for...

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD be with all those who are alone today, and anyone that is hurting in any way... May He comfort their hearts and bless their lives in some way to draw them to Himself.

May we all share our bounty with those who have little, and be cared for in our needs by those who have been blessed.

May our lives become worthy of our blessings.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.