19 June, 2018

Tuesday, 19 June 2018

Portland, Oregon has the country’s highest number of people who don’t identify with any faith

That's what it said in my email from BGEA (Billy Graham Evangelistic Association)… even the churches are affected by the gay issues here...  Prayer... we do that a lot here... hoping it will change the environment...  but it is a hard place to be... a Christian.

I guess I have wondered what it is like for the Jews here, too... but I have no idea.

Knowing and proving are two different things... that's the reality of life these days.  What some call "activism" others call a crime.

Enough of that... it's a sad topic.

I have been trying to figure out how to write and publish a Kindle book.   I went exploring at Amazon yesterday to find out more current info on the formatting process, then wound up buying an eBook about the topic... It was my FIRST purchase of an eBook, so I decided to stay in the 99-cent range.  Today I went back and purchased another 99-cent Kindle book.  Both were about publishing online.  The second purchase had a link to some kind of video course, so I will be checking on that tonight.  It is helping me discover some of the internet options I don't know about yet.  This new book has a chapter on formatting, so I need to read that to get an idea.  Both books are (c) 2017.  I was surprised that some of the links in the first book are already inoperable.  I don't know about this second book.

Book One :: Penniless Publishing : How to Publish a Book Without Spending a Cent
By :: Ed Lewis

Book Two :: The Easy 9-Step System to Your First Book in 30 Days
By :: Nuno Almeida  (from Portugal!!!)

I decided to look through this second Kindle book before going for a new book especially about Kindle publishing that is more expensive.  I am trying to understand how these this work.

Buying is easy!  Writing a good book is my challenge... something meaningful.  Not sure what to focus on first, but I'm trying to decide as I go through these copies.


*
I was able to get three of my monthly letters done today... maybe I can get some more done before the mailman gets here tomorrow.

My expected purchase from eBay didn't show up today... not sure why.  I am excited to see what they look like (dies for cutting things with a machine of some kind)… I want to get one of those Sizzix machines... I'm trying to decide which one, and if I can get a used one, and how much money I will need.  I also ordered some embossing folders to experiment with.  :-)  

Christmas is coming fast... I hope to get this all worked out by September!


*
I ordered a DVD about establishing a small farm or backyard garden... from a long time ago.  I am hoping it has some useful information in it.  I have never seen one like this before.  I am anxious to get it, along with another DVD that is about whether animals are a food source or more like a pet.

I also ordered one about the Deepwater Horizon disaster... wondering what it says.  I finally watched the movie, maybe the end of last year.  I am not sure what this DVD has on it, so it will be interesting to find out.

In the quest to build my food documentary collection, I ordered one called FOOD CHAINS.  The garden/farm one is part of that quest, too... and maybe the Animal one.  My goal for this year is one a month... I am behind in that quest, so I ordered these three about food.

Another goal I decided to achieve was getting a copy of Joey Feek singing "That's Important to Me" on a CD or DVD.  I finally found out which release it was on, so I bought a less expensive copy on eBay.  I hope it is a good copy.


*
You might think my June budget was in shreds... and you would be right.  :-(  But, I am already working on the recovery process.


*
Well... that is my world right now... trying to get things done, figure out solutions to my personal challenges, organizing my goals, praying for lightning bolts from heaven for some issues, and looking to GOD for my needs.

I wondered again today if the battle is really about the power of GOD to intervene... I suppose that is always the issue for human beings, but not always the issue for GOD.  His Plans are not our visions.  It is the submission to authority challenge... who do we believe is in charge... can we accept it when they don't want to do the things we want them to do...  I suppose this is a daily battle.

I have to fight my way through this all the time...
It is not an easy battle.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us


*
*
*
May we all find our path to the future without destroying the lives of others.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.