16 September, 2024

The Food Challenge Continues.

I barely see the outside of my room.  :-[  What a life!

It's a season, soon it will be over. 

It is getting harder to stay away from shopping for groceries.  I don't think I will last much longer.  The shelves are very bare, and I am working on a list of exactly what I want to buy first.  I am still amazed I have lasted this long and learned what I have about what I really need to keep in my emergency pantry.

I have been watching a lot of short YouTube videos on food and economic issues this weekend.  I'm always looking for ideas.  Just in case I am still alive when anything happens.  There is no easy way to prepare.  

Everything we hear in the news, in YouTube videos, and any other place we turn to for information, is stated in general terms:  

  • The bank has closed.  
  • The business has closed.  
  • The economy is in trouble.  
  • The stock market has fallen.  

The general view doesn't really share what that event means to you, personally.  

One person loses their job - what does that mean to everyone listening to the news?  Nothing.  It's someone else, someone I don't know.  Hearing about other people's job loss may cause some fear, but deep down we never expect it to happen to us.

But when you lose your job it threatens your home, your savings, your retirement income.  It is a huge struggle for you and your family to keep going.  It is a huge change of lifestyle.  Many hard-working people think they deserve a special answer from GOD because they have "done it right." 

A global event happens to everyone.  There are no special exemptions. 

We only have history to compare the events of our time with.  The Stock Market Crash in our past took days to happen (after years of choices leading up to it) and, from what I have discovered, ten to fifteen years to recover from.  That is a lot of time to suffer and struggle through.  

In every version of the future we see, scared and starving people get angry and violent.  We don't know what will happen in our immediate area.  Urban and rural responses to money problems will be different, but the same human natures will exist.  The need for food and water is urgent for basic survival.  The threat of suffering changes people, even people you have known all your life. 

I don't have much time left on this earth.  I am old.  Death is a fact of my life.  But I still want to prepare for unexpected events while I am still alive.  

My food challenge as a senior is different than what it would have been as a single parent of three children.  It is different as a poor person compared to a wealthier person.

I am realizing I don't need to prep as heavily as I thought I would.  That changed my path forward.

I don't have all the answers I want yet, but I am still looking for them.  I hope you are preparing survival options for yourselves.  It is better to have some supplies than none.  It makes a crisis less frightening.

In Christ,

Deborah Martin

https://work2gather.us




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.