20 September, 2024

So glad it's Friday AND I finally went food shopping!

 






So glad to have food again - fresh produce and cheese and butter!  I also bought the ketchup and baking powder I needed for salad dressing and pancakes.  :-)  I also found EGGNOG for this holiday season.  I try to have at least one package each year.  I love it.  I hope going back to eating these foods does not make me ill again.  I am waiting to see if it does.

I spent one of my four budgets for a week.  I want to see how long this will last.  

I will now be able to try pancake recipes and use up the homemade syrup I have.  I am still trying to use up my older supplies.  This will be a different version of my food challenge.

Buying my treats again may be a wrong move.  I am not sure yet.  I am not fully plant-based.  I don't know that I want to be.  BUT, I do feel the difference when I eat too much meat and dairy.  I don't have a solution for that yet.

I watched some videos from a channel about foods to eat on the way to being plant-based.  The recipes are really interesting.  I am going to try some of them.  She likes sweet potatoes.  Cashews are a favorite of vegan people.  I can't afford a lot of cashews in my budget.  I did like her roasted tomatoes recipe.  She cuts them in half for roasting.  Naturally there is a cashew dressing.  :-)  


This is a big weekend for sorting more stuff.  I hope to get through a lot of my storage containers and decide on what to donate.  It is hard to get rid of things, especially when there are important memories attached to them.

I need to go.  I'm heading to sleep early.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.