17 September, 2024

Getting to the end of my food challenge and my downsizing.

 

Finally!  I am about done with my food challenge and ready to buy food again.  

I am so low on everything.  

I still wonder what to buy first, and what eating my missed foods will do to my body.  I may try to return to my "normal" diet slowly.

The battle is over plant-based and meat/dairy choices.  I will have to decide before I buy my groceries.  This is really a hard decision.  I like some parts of a non-meat or dairy diet.  I also like my treats, chicken, and cream cheese.  I need to decide if I'm willing to die "happy" or reasonably happy.  :-)  


I sorted through so many papers today.  Watched some videos about food, shelter, survival, and things like that.  I will be sharing more about the topics and information I have rediscovered in this process.

I found a small note about a 2021 AARP article on Social Security and Medicare anniversaries.  Social Security was turning 86 that year, Medicare was turning 56.  It seems Social Security was the main income for 34 million people at that time.  Sixty-two million people were covered by Medicare, and half had incomes less than $27,000.  I have only broken the $10,000 mark once in my life.  

When I see reports about the median payments of Retirement Benefits, I wonder why people think they are suffering.  It's about lifestyle.  They have nice houses, cars, and better food.  Probably more medical insurance/payments.  I don't really know the details of the lives and choices and problems of anyone wealthier than myself.  I guess.

I wonder how they use all that money they have.

I sometimes wonder what I would do with that much money.

I wonder what downsizing would mean to them.

We assume others are living happily, but they could be struggling more than we know.


It is really great to be getting through my stuff.  I think I have emptied over 12 of my plastic storage containers and still have more to sort through.  When I finish donating to various places, I might have lots of space for my crafting supplies and activities.  Finally.

By next year I expect my life to change.

I am also watching more crafting and selling videos.  Making business plans.  Trying to find a new path to greater income.  That is the real goal of all these efforts.  :-)  


I wonder how much I will be able to make.  

Lots, I hope.  Blessings from GOD for many of the activities still left to do.


That is what I keep praying for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.