25 September, 2024

Money. How much do we need?

 I don't remember where I found this graphic, but it is a generic one.  I have looked at some of the free options, maybe it was one of them.

The theme is money.  The main topic of surviving.

How much is enough?  I am always debating that issue.  I haven't decided what the amount would be for me.  I would need to pay for all that mandated insurance if I had money.  Even the State keeps a billing of what insurance they cover and plan to get from your estate when you die.

I used to think $5K a month would be enough, after taxes are paid.  As an old person, I am not sure that would be enough.  I am heading into the need for care options.  

I would like money to travel.  I will need a companion now.  Before, I could travel on my own.

I may end up having a heart attack and dying on the spot.  I haven't decided yet if that is a good way to go.  Maybe I need to die in my sleep.  The costs will all depend on what happens.

I haven't been able to save for my burial plans yet.  That has to be figured out.

I suppose everyone thinks being supported by the government is a free ride.  It isn't.  My medical coverage doesn't seem to cover eyeglasses or dental.  I'm trying to find out about care options for senior issues.  There must be some way to get these basic care needs.

What are your priorities?

  • Shelter
  • Food
  • Utilities
  • Phone
  • Internet
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • or what?

What would be your immediate needs amount?  

What if you don't have that much?  What would you do?



I'm trying to figure that out for this time of life.  Every video I see doesn't talk about the poor, those surviving by government benefits.  The talk about huge amounts, the "average" retirement payment.  For me, that would be a fortune.

I would like to know your story.  What you get as monthly income, how you prioritize your spending, what is the smallest amount you would need to survive?  

It's hard to know what the future will bring.  As a prepping person, you begin to think of all the disasters that can happen in your area, with the government, with your health.  We are a "rich" nation, and have been blessed with much.  We never think it might become different.

I am not sure what will happen to me if my income suddenly goes away.  I am supported by the government.  What the government has done to our nation is scary.

And I don't see them changing soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.