09 September, 2024

Slow, but moving forward.

 

I found this in my archives.

It is really appropriate for me and my life.  :-)  

I hope to "win" before I die, but going to heaven is the best prize.



This weekend has been a long battle.  I haven't gone to the store yet.  I have found new things to make out of the supplies I have.  It is hard to not have all the goodies I am use to having.  I think it is better for my body, but I still like the "treats" I have been enjoying.  Not sure how long I can last, but I will "keep going."  haha

Today I got up and cooked two bags of dry beans -- red for chilis, black for mashed burrito beans and bean dip and veggie burgers.  Later I made some rice with dehydrated soup veggies to go with my burrito beans and as a side for mashed beans and other uses.  yesterday I made some TVP sloppy joe mixture when I started the beans to soak.  It is amazing what you can make once you start looking for new food options.

I have food for now and frozen food for later.  My son decided to give me some of his garden harvest... peppers of various kinds.  I am thinking about making some tortillas.  Not sure I want to, but I am thinking about it.  I found a pancake recipe and a cornbread recipe.  I have garbanzos waiting to be made into hummus.

I am really wondering how long I could last with this food if I have to.  I am seeing what I need to buy when I get to the store to replace it.


We start our lives with the foods and habits of our parents.  Now that my life is nearly over, I wish I had known more of this when I was young and when I had to buy for my children.  I wonder if I could have provided a better life.

My family moved a lot.  I always wanted to live in one place.  It didn't turn out that way.  I think I moved more than my original family did.  We just don't get over these things.


Sorted through more of my papers today.  There are still some memories I want to keep.  I don't have much left to remind me of my past efforts, but I have some things. 

I think this process is helping me make peace with my life and getting me ready to die.


Life is quite repetitive for me these days.  I will try to find something more important to write about.  Of course, that may mean the Presidential Debate.  I hope I can find a place to watch it on YouTube.  I don't watch TV anymore, except the video options on YouTube.  LIVE will be great - hope I can find an option. 


I watched a YouTube movie called FULL COUNT before starting this post.  It included an angel that looked like a regular human being.  The verse about being content in whatever circumstances your life becomes came up.  It has me thinking.  I tend to accept what GOD does, but I don't think I can be content in poverty, homelessness, hunger, need.  I am wondering what I should do about it.  What would contentment look like in my life right now?  I don't know.

Let me know if you have any ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.