21 March, 2024

Keeping our eyes focused on GOD.

Well, what do we do to keep our minds, our hearts, our eyes, focused on what matters?  I listen to my Christian playlist on YouTube.  It helps me remember that whatever happens in this life, we belong to GOD.  Salvation matters more.  Heaven is the goal.  And suffering happens to every life.

I can't remember how many songs I started with.  I had one main music list and decided I needed to have the Christian songs separate.  Now I have a Christian playlist and one called "Other Favorites," which has anything not considered Christian in nature.  My old favorites.

I have 73 songs on my Christian list right now.  I haven't decided how many is enough.  I listen to them on automatic replay... all day, all night, sometimes for more than 24 hours.  It depends on what the days are like.

I usually play them in order, and know what song comes next.  Lately I have been doing the song shuffle.  It changes the order.  Makes it random, kind of.

Every now and then I search for new songs to add.

I'm thinking of making different lists for Christian listening.

Sometimes, lately, I turn on my small radio and listen to a pre-tuned Christian station.  When I first set it up, I think I left it on for two entire days.

All this is background music.  I go about my day with this music playing.  It is amazing how certain songs come up when I am in range of the device I have on.  

There are old Christian songs I haven't found yet.

I think about life without money, without electricity, without the internet.  I think of people who would destroy everything we care about.  I wonder how to save these treasures of our lives.  I can't imagine my life without music.

If God had blessed my efforts, I was going to collect as many as possible from the Body of Christ, sort them, create a library of them, find a way to make themed playlists... like worship, prayer, family, dancing (?), and whatever other lists that come up.  It was meant to be a way to save and protect and replay the best of our history in music.  

I remember the lessons of history where all the books were burned.  Now we have the internet as a single consuming source for all our information... with censorship, hacking, and altering the details.  It's not much different than burning books.  Easier, actually.  And no one really knows what has been changed unless they are an authority. 

We are heading into the rule of the Antichrist.  Imagine what he will do to our history.

This battle has been going on for all of life here on earth.  It's a spiritual war, with unseen warriors on both sides.

What will we do?  I don't know.

I remember the part in the Bible where the Jews found the scriptures again and it was read aloud to the people.  I wondered how they lived before it was found again.  I wondered what God did in the years when their Bible was not available.  I wondered how they might be judged in the future judgment we all face... except the martyrs.

Keeping our focus on God can be very hard without daily reminders.  We get busy with our needs.  Slowly we forget about God and what He has told us.  It is a tool of the Enemy to keep us from His Word... slowly getting it out of our lives, our focus, our world.

What can we do in these last days before the Antichrist rises and destroys us?  Who will still be left?  How will they remember all the things we have learned over the many years of out lives?  How will God keep Himself alive in their daily existence?

I wonder if there is anything we can do to leave our history in ways and places they might be able to find it....  We are becoming a 100% surveillance world.  Will there be any hope to reach anyone that lives beyond us?  

I really don't know.  I imagine the forces of Satan will have kept a record and will destroy all our efforts.

A world without godly people is not going to be a good place to live.



 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.