14 March, 2024

Any day can be the last one...

I was thinking about what to write today and the idea of how unknown our lives are is really big with me these days.  Not just my personal humanity, but the unknown nature of all the things we are "prepping" for.  

The election year and daily politics.  

The grid going down.  

Food issues.  

War.

Terrorists.

Economic threats and inflation.

I guess there are a lot of dangers in our lives right now, and we have no idea when they will happen.

I want to create designs with thoughts about GOD and salvation and heaven and hell and life and unborn children and more, so I am always thinking about statements that would work for prompting people to think about their everyday choices, especially salvation.  The reality of our temporary place in this life is always coming into my thoughts.

I am concerned for a number of public people.  I think about them and know they are not yet saved but hate the thought of them spending eternity in hell and the Lake of Fire.  There is nothing I can do to reach them.  I wonder if GOD has tried.  I wonder about their children... and other loved ones.  I wonder if anyone is in their lives that might show them the way to a better life here and in eternity.

We only have this life to decide.  Once we are gone, there are no second chances.  The Bible tells us this is the only life we have, and we have to decide before we die.  

Public people face so many pressures I would never want to deal with.  The things and people they are surrounded by affect the directions they would choose.  Their incomes, their jobs, their daily lives are affected.  It is hard to be different.  If we work in a very ungodly place, it affects our faith.  

The price that is paid by public people can be very heavy.  I don't know that many can deal with the issues they face and stay faithful to GOD.

Then I think of other classes of people.  In truth, we all face the pressures of our peers, the hard burdens of our jobs, our families, our incomes, and our environment.  The choices of someone living on the street may seem worse than someone living in a penthouse or mansion, but it is just a different location.  We all face the same issues in different locations in life.

I have been wondering how I will end this life.  Will I stay true to my faith?  Will I stand firm, trust GOD for all the daily needs I have as an older person, or will I grumble in my heart and feel abandoned.  It isn't easy to keep believing when GOD does not provide things you assume He will.

What will happen to those I love and want to find in heaven someday?

I am beginning to understand "One day at a time" in a new way.  Any day might be my last day.

I wonder if my life has made a difference for anyone.

I have been changed, but nothing happened the way I thought it would.

What purpose has GOD used me for?  

It's really difficult to know.

I hope GOD helps me to see why some of the things that have happened in my life were necessary to make me who I am.  Why I didn't achieve what I thought His purpose for me was.


Can any of us really know how GOD works in our lives to accomplish HIS will for us?  I don't think so.  That may have to wait until we get to heaven.


In Christ,

Deborah Martin

https://work2gather.us















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.