25 September, 2018

Tuesday, 25 September 2018

I have been exploring online again... after a day of house things and making some fudge.  :-)  It was the easiest thing to get done, so I made it first.  I am freezing most of it... trying not to eat it all!

And caramels are on the list, too!  :-)  My diet is going to be hopeless!  haha, not really.  I will WIN this calorie battle!  I am getting better and better at it.  :-)

Tomorrow I need to try a bread recipe.  I am out of all those things that are bread options... no bread, no tortillas, no crackers... only pasta... and that gets old.  :-)  I have access to a regular oven, but I am trying to figure out what I can make in my small toaster oven.  I have some black olives and a little grated parmesan cheese left, so some kind of pizza is on my mind.  I think I have a recipe that might work for my small amount needs.  Pizza dough can be frozen, but I haven't gotten to that point yet... maybe tomorrow.

Today I tried to make mashed cauliflower with my frozen bits, but it didn't cook the way I expected it to... next time I will try to make it like you make regular mashed potatoes.  I added some couscous to absorb the extra milk I had in it, and I had added diced onions when I was cooking the processed bits.  It was good, but not what I expected.  I need to learn more about spices, and the flavors I have never tried.

One video at YouTube really inspired me.  It was a bento lunches video with great healthy and simple recipes... I want to try them!!!  I will try to make a link... but if I can't, the name of the channel was Mind Over Munch.  She is still on Facebook, but her Patreon link was kind of destitute.  She has some cookbooks mentioned in the video I watched.  I have to explore her efforts more.

To see her Patreon page I had to sign up myself.  :-)   I have been thinking of trying a Patreon funding option for some time, but I am not sure it is the right option for me.  I think crowdfunding is a better fit for me, IF I can find the Christian community.  I may do Patreon for my personal writing and crafting activities, and crowdfunding for Working Together.  I printed some of the intro pages and will be exploring them.

I guess I have created my own online crisis... I signed up for a bunch of new videos at the places I have been checking out.  I am also checking on CHRISTMAS craft ideas, some I have wanted to do for years.  As I explore I am looking at the way other people do these things... videos, podcasts, photos, audio, etc.  It helps me to think of what I might be able to do in my situation... what supplies I need, how much money I need, equipment and workspaces, and lots of praying for GOD's help.

I have two wreath forms that I have been wanting to make live wreaths with for a few years... each year I haven't found the right trees to cull. And I need to learn more about attaching the branches to the metal form.  I have been watching a lady that does a lot of wreath things recently... learning bows... and trying to decide how to get my wreaths done.  I may send one as a gift... so I need to get that figured out SOON!  :-)  Plastic may have to be my main design feature...  I am not sure.  I have more to learn, especially about how long live branches can last.

I was doing some clearing off of my crafting table-to-be today... My supplies are ready to use for some projects... I just have to find the space to get them done.  So, I am working on that.  I am hoping to create something I would like to wear/use... things I would give as gifts... things good enough to sell... and to be able to ship them.

I discovered tonight that I can create snow globe decorations out of polymer clays... I hadn't realized that was possible, so I need to get busy with that goal.  I love snow globes.  I had one that had a beautiful nativity scene in it... but it went away.  I hope to find one nativity scene for my Christmas decorations... I just haven't found one that is a forever one for me.  Snow globes are not just about Christmas, so I can try to make scenes for other memories.  I am really happy that I can create some unique pieces.  I need to find the best size jars with great lids for snow globes... and then try to make some prototypes.  :-)   Who knows, they may become one of my regular products!

Well, that is where my focus is right now.  Yardwork has not been done since last week... my goodness!  It's not going anywhere...

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May our lives become what we want them to be, if our goals are good, and honest, and full of love and caring for others.
May our country find a way to be what the ideals it represents to the world have always reflected.
May the Body of Christ become a reality.
May our world find a way to exist with all its different belief systems.
May we see others as equals, as neighbors, as people who might make our lives better... before we see them as enemies, with fear, or less then ourselves.

May GOD provide for those who love Him, myself included.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.