17 September, 2018

Monday, 17 September 2018

I have been listening to some motivational presentations at YouTube again... and the topic was money and wealth and "success" for all.  It gave me a headache, so I had to take a nap.  :-)

I even found a Christian channel video with a fantastic logo that had a cross for the t in Ambition... but there were only videos from 2016, some Facebook in early 2017, and a website that was like the blog.  I am still trying to see if I like it... old or not.  I really just wonder if the guy is still around.

My many online efforts have suffered from neglect, too... just not enough time to do everything, sometimes no access to the internet, other times no computer...etc.  It is a big commitment to have an online presence, and I have been trying to decide what to focus on most... first... and with more energy and commitment (schedule).

I am still working on those goals.

In the course of my explorations, I discovered a quote by Peter Drucker, a name I am familiar with a little.  In the link I followed there was a list of quotes, and lots I hadn't heard.  I have shared one I like below.

*****

“Leadership is not magnetic personality, that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people", that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.”
Peter F. Drucker, Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices


https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/12008.Peter_F_Drucker


*****
I guess he almost lived to be 100, but not quite.  I think the reference I saw stated he died in 2005.  I didn't realize he was that old.  I had browsed one or more of his business books along my path... trying to find the knowledge I didn't have and could go to school for.  I will be checking out at least one of his books at Amazon after I finish this.

I saved a bunch of the YouTube titles I want to check out later, too.  There is always more than anyone can spend time on, but I would never see them again if I didn't save them.

My books from Hamilton Books (.com) arrived today... it took them six days, with the weekend.

My clog making book/let has some great photos and style ideas at the end... not that I will be making any wood clogs soon, but the need for shoes was why I purchased it... so see how hard it might be.  I watched a video the other day of a man making a pair of shoes for someone out of tires, like the ones on the really small cars they make today.  He had this sharp knife and cut off parts here and parts there, and it became a cheap but functional shoe for someone in those countries where they don't have shoes for everyone.  I was amazed.  I have been wondering about moccasins as an option, but winter and rain would be a problem.  There would be a lot to learn about making leather shoes.  I wore moccasins as a teen, and loved them.

I have only browsed the other two books, one on negotiating and one on writing.  I will be looking at them closer soon.

I watched/listened to something today about the differences between the rich and the poor... and reading (education on your own, not forced by school) was one of the big ones.  I will try to find that link.  It was short and good.  Here it is ::  https://youtu.be/nr76bupxjco  It is a nice visual presentation with key points.

 It has been a day of needing rest... I think I took two naps, at least... and didn't get any of my yardwork done.  Tomorrow... I have to get to it tomorrow.  :-)   If it doesn't rain.

I am still pondering some of the "wealth is the only success, things are all that matters" issues I had to deal with today.  I like motivation, but the values of our world are not so good anymore.  Money is often just a weapon to hurt others.  I don't want to be a part of that kind of "success" but I don't know how to amass the wealth I need to accomplish the good that I am trying to do.  Opposing forces seem to be stronger than I, and my time is running out.  It is a constant issue.  I don't quite fit into any category.

So, I better go do some more thinking and trying to find answers for my current situation.  Pray for me.  I believe GOD is the author of many things, and the Bible says He gives us the power to gain wealth (believers, I should say... the devil seems to have that power for bad people, too) so I am in need of understanding.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Times

*
*
*
May our lives be protected from the darts of the Enemy, and our hearts remain pure and filled with as much love as possible.  May we want to be better than we are, and see the pain in others as important of our attention.  I guess I am saying, how much does one person need to live on... who could we personally help with our excess, freely, without the force of law, or church, or social media... I pray for the many needs we have right now... just to keep living on this planet.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.