18 September, 2018

Tuesday, 18 September 2018

Almost forgot this... I decided to check my email first, and then it was link to link to link... reading some materials on the path... and finally getting here.  This is the online challenge.  :-)

Today was not a rainy day and I actually made it outside for my yard project...

Been doing a lot of reading today... from different sources.  Old newspapers (from the weekend) that I didn't see before... trying to get through my new books... online.  I get really involved in the problems of our world.

I wish I could do more about them.

In this place where I live, it is late in the evening.  I try to find quiet things to do.  I don't always manage to be completely quiet, but I try to keep it down.  I suppose I need a good pair of earphones, and to find the place for the cord to work.  :-)

I am thinking about poverty all over the world because of some of the things I read or linked to tonight.  When you read reports, the details can be masked in nice sounding words... I am wondering how ordinary people can find out the details of far away places.  Sometimes, "progress" is another word for money in someone's pockets, not the well-being of the people who trust them.  It is hard to decide what is the real truth.

I found an ad in the old paper I read that was about an atheist groups dislike of GOD in our heritage. It is a sign of America's future, and not a good sign.  People think they are "good" and yet have no concept of their abuse of others.

I have been complaining about the definition of "freedom" recently... and mentioned we may need to re-do it... repeat it?  Something.  We seem to have forgotten what it means to be free.  Maybe the reach of the internet, and hacking, and terrorism, and other crimes, are changing what we do.  Freedom isn't easy, it means you have to allow people to have different opinions than yours, and find some way to respect each other in the process.

I see a lot of regulations and laws and manipulations of our freedoms.

I guess it could be the elections coming up.  Things always get muddled when elections are near.  We never seem to end the cycle anymore.  The 2020 elections are already in the loop.

I suppose this is too much for a blog post... and it isn't organized.  I tend to ramble with my thoughts... and I don't always want to share the reasons my thoughts are traveling in those directions.

Freedom...
Success...
Money...
Power...
Life...
Death...
Control...

This is our life, our trends, our world.  The small people (the poor, weak, helpless...) only matter enough to get what is being sought... funding, elections, power.

Is this because of mankind's genetics, or because of greed, or because of sin... our fallen nature.  I am trying to decide how much compassion fits into this picture.

Well... if I ever find the answer, I am sure I will share it with you.

Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin

work2gather.us
Working Together Inc
Building for the End Time

*
*
*
May our hearts be good, and our actions be better than we are good.
May we find our joy and our destiny in helping others to rise and grow and live.
May life be long, and healthy, and filled with all that we need to be truly happy in a deep and satisfying way.
May we see our differences and not seek to control the opposition.
May our actions be mutually respectful.
May Truth win.
May Freedom be real.
May every small detail of our lives not be regulated.
May the future find a way to become better for all of us.
Thank you GOD for all that you do for us.
Help us to understand your love and mercy.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.