30 January, 2018

Tuesday, 30 January 2018

BACON!
I can't believe I ate it all!

Thank goodness I only had 4 slices in the house, and cooked... even if they were thick slices. I really cringed when I cleaned all the grease out of the pan to wash it clean again... I have to say it was between a quarter and a third of a cup, I think.  It was so gross to look at.  The bacon tasted so good... I decided I will only buy one or two slices at a time, or limit my bacon to restaurant sandwiches.  That will help.

I finished off my deli turkey, too.  No meat in the house now... I think.  I probably will find something hidden someday.  :-)  Once you discover a new truth it is hard to pretend it doesn't matter.  It changes every day from that moment on.  One of the interviews on the extra DVD from Forks Over Knives shared that animal protein kind of stops your colon from working right... something like that.  It may have been the whole digestive system.  I am planning to watch that part over again and take some notes.  It was one of the new statements I noticed.

I have known from previous research efforts that the body does not process meat easily.  I didn't know why.  In watching so many documentaries on food now, I see better that science is not finite, it is evolving.  When the news reports a new discovery it is just filling its air time with something that has been shared with them (press releases).  In the bigger picture, it is just one more study on the way forward.

It's hard to remember way back when I was young, but I remember being worried about the health of my children because our poverty did not allow the best food options.  That made vitamins and essential, not a luxury.  Now that I am a senior, alone, and eating better, plus discovering that senior bodies have different needs, my vitamin consumption remains but at an every other day level.  A lifetime hope was always to be able to eat real food that would cover what the vitamins provided for optimal health.  I always hoped to improve the lives of others with the financial blessings I was trying to discover through Working Together.  I guess that isn't my path.

*
The State of the Union address is scheduled for 6pm here.  I hope to be able to watch it.  I stopped listening to the liberal news tonight because it is never good... always biased toward the politics that they endorse.  It isn't worth listening to anymore. 

*
I started reading THE TREASURE PRINCIPLE, by Randy Alcorn, this morning and became discouraged by the views presented in the very first chapter.  I made a Facebook post about them, which probably should have been shared here, but I was angry and that is where I was, checking on my page.  If you want to read it, look for it here.   facebook.com/DeborahMartin.2014

I will force myself to keep reading for a bit more... to see what else he has to say about money issues and GOD.  It was a popular book, which is why I bought it when I saw it at the thrift store.  Money issues in Christianity are important to me.  I have a section in my book collection for them.

It is always hard to need something from GOD, and to look at other Christians with the impression they have enough to share.  My readings with the Dave Ramsey program showed me that looks are deceiving... all those good Christians may be struggling with debt and the battle with the "Jones family" in the church... all their income may be allocated to payments before they get it, and can be living paycheck-to-paycheck just like everyone else in the world.  Looking to GOD for your supply is really the only way to be fully Christian... to find contentment.

The god of money is a powerful enemy of faith.  It attacks us all.

*
It has been a strange day because of that early morning experience.

*
I have been working to use up my current foods before I go into new food items, so today I tried to bake my "fried rice" effort when I baked my bacon strips.  It turned out great!  I am so happy to be experimenting and creating things I like.  Now I have to keep better records of what I do so I can make it again.  :-)

Chili is next on the FOOD TO DO list.  :-)  One can of beans, maybe two, and a can of tomatoes, with diced onions, maybe some diced sweet peppers... who knows.  My biggest challenge is figuring out the right spices, and keeping the final amount as small as I can.  I love veggie chili, so that is not a problem food for me.  I may mix it with pasta this time.

*
Well, that's enough for today.
I hope tomorrow is better for all of us.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the GOD of all provisions bless His people with abundance so they might share with those around them...
May the world discover GOD, the salvation of His Son (Jesus), and the amazing difference the Holy Spirit makes.
May our country find a way through our current financial challenges.
May our leaders put America before their own agendas.
May our media providers learn what Truth in reporting really is.
May those without a moral foundation find one... and help us to recover from the damages of crime.
May life become balanced, and families become strong, and Americans become the voice of our government.
May we become ONE Body in Christ so that our future will be stronger together.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.