24 January, 2018

Wednesday, 24 January 2018

Another day...

I sent off five letters today, including one to a son of mine.  He is in the Orange County Jail in California.  I still don't know why he is there, but I need to find out if I can add money to his account.  His 2017 birthday gift finally got back to me.  He went to jail right after I sent it to him. 

When they are incarcerated somewhere, it's better to send magazines and books... at least, I think so.  They will have something good to read each month (magazines) or can learn something by reading a book.  It's a challenge to find people who know how to send to prisons, so I generally only buy books for them at HamiltonBooks.com  --  they have cheap books that are decent, and they have the mailing options.  I send books on business or the hobbies they are interested in... writing, art, math, whatever I find on the day I look.

When I had more money, I would try to send them money.  Now you have to add it to their account (for that particular prison) via an online process.  I have had problems in the past, but the systems are getting better.

They have video phone calls now.  I haven't done one yet.  They also have email access, which is approved by the staff before being sent.  I vaguely remember getting one of those.

I like to write regular letters when I can.  Now I am trying to figure out how to order photos off my tablets so I can send some to them.  Photocopies are the thing I use these days.  Printing photos uses a LOT of the ink I have to buy for the printers... I think it would be cheaper to get regular photos again.  Printer ink is probably the biggest expense in my budget... almost $50 for the set for my printer, about $29 for the black cartridge for the copier I use.

I think I already told you how it upsets me that the "rules" for inmate contact are different at every institution... some of the letters I have gotten back have been for the most ridiculous reasons!

When I win the big lottery prize/s............  I will hire people to start working on some changes.   :-)

*
I made some more bulgur salad... I used 1/3 cup of the dry bulger this time and it was a lot!  I sacrificed myself and ate it during the day's time.  I'm going back to making 1/4 cup at a time!  I use equal parts of bulgur and hot water.  I let it sit a bit longer that others do, I think.  I'm getting a formula figured out for the size of "salad" I want.  Today I used most of a sm/med zucchini, diced small... and some diced onion.  I have chopped almonds these days so I put a handful of those in.  Added the bulgur and some spices.  Later the dressing... the same one I have been using on my lettuce salads... 1 T olive oil and 1 T balsamic vinegar.

I am looking for some other varieties of dressings... it gets old at time to have the same dressing.  I did measure it out in the food container for dressings from the beachbody.com set... it was so great to see that I wasn't having too much dressing on all my salads.  :-)   I had thought I was.

Today I made copies of some old forms for keeping track of things, like food.  I may try one out for the ten items each day (like the Biggest Loser cookbook formula)... and see how that works out. 

I found my son's weights and will be trying to improve my upper strength... whatever it is... by using the 3 pound weights to lift with my arms. 

I am still looking for the right chair to use for my Peddler.   (Such a pain!)

*
I was going to work on my goals today... that must be why I ended upstairs in front of the TV.  (haha)  I am mentally struggling with the elimination process still, but I did grab copies of some SMART goal forms I have, and some of my own creations to work with.

Making a goal is relatively easy compared with figuring out a way to reach it.  I think it's that last part that always leads me to "procrastination!"   :-)

I found some of my ETSY listing help forms, too.  I will be working on those.  I can put some of my books and other things under the Vintage category there, or put them on eBay somewhere.  First I have to figure out the shipping charges, with packaging!  AND, how to get them to the post office from here.

I am working on it, just slower than I would like to.

*
So, today looks like a catch-up and complain day.  What do you think?!   :-)

Time to go... I need a nap before bedtime!  :-)

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May the giant GOD in the sky that is so much more powerful than I am finally open the heavens and pour down blessings on me!!!!

(Not too selfish, you think?!  :-)

You can have some of the blessings, too... just not TOO much!  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.