31 October, 2017

Tuesday, 31 October 2017

It's Halloween, in America at least.

I think the official title is All Hallows Eve...

It stopped being important for me as I grew in my faith.

As a child, as a parent, there was the thrill of candy... FREE candy.

It seems that free can be challenging to our values... drug pushers use free to get you hooked, advertisers use free to get you to try something, new businesses use free to grab your attention... lots of free things in this world... well, in America anyway.

My budget says free is a bonus, something I won't have to pay for... food, mostly.

Credit offers are never really free.  They just sound like a great deal, but I heard that most people end up paying the interest because they don't pay their purchase off in time.  I am talking about the furniture that has no interest for 500 months (exaggeration).  I think cars come like that, too.

Credit cards are only free in the beginning, then the high costs show up.  I hear some people transfer balances at this point to stave off the big payments.  I suspect it all catches up to them eventually. 

Free is a big word.  I love free shipping.  It is like going to the store and getting it... no added costs.  It takes longer, but if that is not an issue then the purchase is good for me... It gets delivered to my door.  That solves a lot of problems for me.

*
Today was a nice day.  Lots of raking leaves today.  I got a lot of household things done.  Got my crafting supplies better organized but wasn't able to get anything new done.  Now I am too tired.  I will probably be up in the night and find something to start.

*
I heard about another truck attack in New York.  People using the bike lanes, walking path, something like that.  The young man had fake guns when he was caught... I assume he was trying to be martyred.   I have always thought it was an irrational definition of martyrdom... a true martyr dies because of their faith... because they won't deny it... because others don't like their faith, they don't kill others and call it an act of worship.  It really makes me wonder what they believe... what they have faith in.

*
It's time to go.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May GOD find a way to be truth to those who believe the lies of Satan.
May our world not become fear-ruled.
May life be good.
May our dreams be filled with only kind and loving acts.
May this year end with great happiness, and next year start with great expectations.
May GOD make Himself real to those who are looking for Him.
May all those we love meet us in heaven one day.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.