26 October, 2017

Thursday, 26 October 2017

The day is almost done, another race to beat the clock!

What happened today?  I hate to make a list, so I will just share a few things.

My son burned the big pile of debris today... it's a scary endeavor in my mind... fire is very unpredictable.  It was interesting to watch.  If I ever get some property, burning debris will be part of the process, so I wanted to see what happened.  The flames went up so high, and a small garden hose was not equal to the task of stopping it.  I was very glad nothing bad happened.  I kept thinking of the fires in California, whole neighborhoods gone... completely gone.  I hadn't seen anything like it before.  Even the photos I have seen of the San Francisco earthquake and fires wasn't as "level" as the houses in northern California.  I think it was a wake-up call for a lot of people, myself included.

I washed my new purchases today.  The blanket washed in cold water still looks quite a bit smaller, like the threads tightened up.  It is a nice size, but I decided to "dry it flat" like the tag instructed.  No way I would have washed that thing by hand!  I will have to see what happens later on when it needs another wash.  I may end up with a doll blanket.  (It is still a great blanket... I love the colors and pattern.)

Medicare has risen on my list.  I really have to remember to make my phone calls and find out what happens to people like me at this stage of life.  Government dependence has always been a pain.  When you get older, it is even worse.

More leaves are changing color, the wind has been blowing them all over the back yard where I live... it is fun to watch.

In making more revisions to my goal forms, I decided to change my hours to eat solid foods.  It was 4am to 6pm, but now I have figured out meals and snacks between 5am and 7pm.  This will work out better for me, I think.  Since I want to try to fit into size 14 pants next month when I go searching at the thrift store, I am getting back into my routine and trying to improve my food choices even more.  I am working on my shopping list to make sure I have all the food supplies I need to keep more veggies available to eat.

Well... time to get to bed for the night... so tired.  I have some tentative plans for tomorrow, and need to read a lot tomorrow... maybe do some online searching.  I may let you know what happens.  :-)

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May God watch over us this weekend and help us to do something good for the world.
May our hearts find joy, peace, contentment, love, happiness, and time to discover  (enjoy)  them.
May we think of our importance in this world and help it to be a better place.
May those who have no one, find someone... and love that will change them forever.
May we have the things we need, and like what we have.
May we all find truth is better than lying, and build our lives on the solid foundations that truth provides.
May time be kind to all of us.
and
May GOD finally provide my financial blessings!!!!!!!!   Amen!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.