30 October, 2017

Monday, 30 October 2017

So many times, over the weekend, I think of things I would like to share "with the world," but when I get here, I can't remember them.

Things I read about, things I see.  The world is so big, so filled with differing opinions... I feel the need to share my view of them.

The internet is changing the way we connect with each other.  If there were no "bad guys" we wouldn't have to worry about it... our innocent efforts at friendship would be met with equal innocence... interest and discovery, wonder, contemplation... these are such good things.  This blog is like a letter to the world, for me.  I wonder who is reading about my life, how different we are, what would we think about the other's life...  we can't always trust what we find on the internet, but it would be nice to live in a kind and honest and friendly world.

*
The leaves from a big tree in the yard have been blowing all over the place this weekend... longer, I think.  I rake them up when I go outside with the dogs on their potty break.  The next time I look out there, the piles are back.  :-)  That's what happens.  I love the colors of the leaves, their crispness.  I hope to find a way to preserve them better.  One of these days, I will... God willing I live that long!

*
I think a lot about what Faith is... how it looks in "real" life.  We all have a strange picture of what faith should look like... I'm not sure they are biblical ideas.  I am still trying to find a definition that I can live with.

I think the big problems come when we don't get what we want, when GOD is slow to answer, when we suffer, when we lose, when we really want GOD to do something N.O.W!  but He doesn't.  Some like to say that we don't have faith when we don't get what we want because the Bible says to ask and we will receive.  We also don't "get" because we ask amiss... we don't ask for the right things, or for the right reasons.  Is faith about getting, only?

Faith is about believing Jesus died so we could have a way into heaven without having to sacrifice cattle.  I guess it sounds strange, but the sacrifice was required.  There is no other way to get into heaven.  By believing in Christ, He becomes our cattle offering for our sin, the blood sacrifice.  I guess we believe Jesus died for our sins... OUR sins... and then we are saved. 

I find that GOD is very exacting... so this definite transaction is very real to me.  It seems a bit clinical, but that is what happens.  Jesus becomes our sacrifice, at a personal level.

I am so glad I don't have to go by the Old Testament requirements.
I am so glad I am saved.

*
I hope you are saved by Christ, too.

Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May God reach into the hearts of those who have not been saved and lead them to Him.
May our lives become better than we ever thought they could be.
May God bless the ones He loves, and help us to meet the needs of a lost and hurting world.

May God protect and provide for His followers.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.