18 October, 2017

Wednesday, 18 October 2017

My second effort... more computer gremlins to deal with.  May GOD help me to find a way through all this.

*
I can't remember what I started with last time, I wish it auto-saved like it use to do... sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't.  I am not techy enough to know why, or what to do about it.  So I pray... and hope GOD deals with any human intruders... if they are involved.

*
Today was not much of a day for memorializing... normal stuff, whatever that is!  :-)

I have been trying to revise my goal pages, to make them more useful, easier to keep records with.  I don't think there is a single answer to my quest... I keep running into the same problems.  I may need to go back to the daily page instead of doing the weekly record.  I was trying to fit it all in one notebook, for organizing and for storage.  52 pages is better than 365.  I will have to debate that again (with myself).

*
I remember trying to share my food efforts, and my exercising challenge.  I love printing in color now.  It allows me to color code the sections I am trying to keep track of, especially with the food containers.  (21-Day-Fix)  My salads are getting to be a better portion size using 1 cup of lettuce and 1 cup of raw veggies.  My soup, chili, and foods like them, are being portioned out by the cup, or as close to that as possible, depending on the recipe.  I am growing fond of dicing my watermelon up. It makes a LOT of servings.  I have to figure out the calories for watermelons, they really help when you are also thirsty.  Lowering my caffeine intake is still on my list.  It is getting close to a special treat status.

My exercise challenge for the winter is still not figured out.  I am thinking of going back to my 5-minute effort on the elliptical machine my son has.  If I can force myself up and on to the machine in the morning, it may help me to get more done later in the day.  I would rather have an exercycle, the kind that is like riding a bike.  One of these days...  it will rise to the top of the priority list!

*
My November budget is being started.  I don't know how much I can squeeze into it.  I am hoping to save enough money for Christmas.  I did make the formal decision on what I can give to Christmas programs like Toys for Tots, the Samaritan's Purse Shoeboxes, and food for mission meals.  I will try to give one gift within the local community this year, too.  Toys for Tots can be given early, even in September.  I have decided to make October my giving month for them.  November is collection week for Shoeboxes.  My food for mission meals is for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so November and December.  A community gift would be in December for Christmas.  Next year I hope to be more organized with my Christmas savings...so it won't be a challenge to budget it into my months.

My money is small, but it is my effort to share what I have with those who have less than I do... remembering all the years we needed to be receiving.  I had hoped GOD would bless WT long ago, so I would have more to give.  I don't know how GOD decides these things.  It seems to be an ongoing problem... the one who have don't give too much, the ones that don't have want to give more... something like that.

I need to figure out a tree for this year.  I use to have a small fake one that set on top of something.  It was the perfect size.  I need to find a new one like that... after I figure out where to put it.  I still have my twinkle lights, so I won't need those... or may get more for my windows.  I better start checking on those details.

*
I still need to transfer my photos so I can have room for more.  I read how to do it, somehow moved one photo, but still haven't gone back to find the secret to moving them all to my other tablet with more storage.  I need a photo solution for uploading to Etsy and eBay, and anywhere else.

I'm working on it....

*
The heavy rains start tonight.  If it isn't a permanent weather status yet, it soon will be.  I still have clean-up to do in the yard, but I am just keeping an eye on it... to see what happens.  It's a lot of ivy I wanted to move to the burn pile.

Someone in the neighborhood burned something today.  It was so smoky I didn't want to go anywhere, or let the dogs go out.  Yuck.  Every time I see the news photos of the CA fire damage, entire neighborhoods destroyed, leveled to the ground, it make me cringe for the people who lived there. 

*
I need to read in my book, 21 Unbreakable Laws of Life, so i better get going.  I will try to find a great quote to share with you tomorrow.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May God watch over those who love Him and trust Him to care for them.
May our world become better, not worse.
May those who choose to sin, to hurt others, find a better way to deal with their problems.
May America not lose the one thing that made it great :: it's faith in God.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.